Jamiroquai - Automaton

Associate
Certainly like the chorus a lot, although the rest I think will grow on me as I hear it more.

Good to see him back, have always liked his music.

I loved Jamiroquai's first 2 albums, but I think they went too 'chart friendly' from their 3rd album (1996 onwards).

However, I do approve of Automation!! The hats would have been done using pixel-addressed RGB LEDs. Not sure how the movements were done though? Any thoughts? The funk style though kinda reminds me a little bit of Singin' In The Rain by Mint Royale :)

Soldato
I've always got time for Jamiroquai, always very cool. Automaton sounds nice and loving the hat. It's peaked my interest in hearing the rest of the Album

Caporegime
Me likey. Can't believe it's been 7 years since they last released something :o

I know, the time has flipping flown by :/ I would have guessed like 3 years since RDLS!

I'm enjoying Automaton more each listen. At first I felt it might be a little too electronic but on subsequent listens there is some hidden funky bits and it fits really well with the song's lyrics. Love the vid too, hat is awesome and some nice little touches like the old hat.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Really like his stuff, but the new track is not growing on me at all. Much prefer the 2nd single though.

Soldato
See, I'm not a fan at all usually, I've never heard one band make tunes which sound....almost identical, as much as these guys.

The Automaton tune is the first one where I've thought "yeah, Jamiroquai is good!", so I quite like it :) Second single... nope. Same as their old stuff musically.

Back
Top Bottom