Six dead in Quebec Mosque terror attack

Caporegime
It's not fake news as the statistics are relating to US Citizens killed in the United States. in terror attacks.

And nobody really knows the true reason for the Pan-am bombing, but the theory is that it was Libyan state sponsored as opposed to Islamic terror attack.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Both Canadian students with one of "Moroccan origin" and residents of Quebec City, apparently.

A police source told Radio-Canada that the two suspects are students enrolled at Université Laval. One of them would be of Moroccan origin.
Clicky

The two suspects apprehended in connection with the Sunday night bombing at the Center culturel Islamique de Québec would study at Laval University, a source close to the investigation told CBC.

The two suspects are residents of Quebec City. One of them would be of Moroccan origin.

At least one search related to these arrests was taking place on Sunday night in a residence in the Sainte-Foy area where one of the suspects would reside.

One of them himself called the police to inform them that he was in the access ramp leading to the Île d'Orléans bridge.
Clicky

Caporegime
It's not fake news as the statistics are relating to US Citizens killed in the United States. in terror attacks.

it is fake news, you're as silly for defending it as anyone would be defending the BBC picture

firstly where does it state that it only relates to the US? Can you cite a source - nope you can't you just made that up/assumed it...

secondly what do the figures for claimed deaths refer to, which attacks? - you got any sources? Nope you haven't - you're unable to cite anything...

for example the 911 attacks killed 2996 people so the Saudi and Egyptian figures are wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

what do the UAE figures refer to? what about the Lebanon figures?

You can't defend it, you can't cite anything, your position is a stupid one. It is a picture containing some made up figures and you're trying to make inferences like 'the statistics are relating to US Citizens killed in the United States' when you're utterly clueless as to where the supposed statistics have come from. That makes you just as credulous as all the Trump supporting Breitbart readers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't talking to you, or quoting posts of yours. In fact, you don't appear to have contributed to this thread before, which is a bit strange...

Nevertheless - maybe you have 2 accounts or whatever - you may well post Guardian links, but, as you say, you dismiss that site out of hand.

It remains clear which sites you visit and then do not dismiss so willingly.

In terms of whether or not, once all the post-truth fake news gets stripped away from what you've posted, any substance remains to be addressed, I guess we'll see.

I'm aware you were not addressing me. But I was addressing your argument. And half the stories in the main stream media are "fake news" or more accurately opinion pieces presented as facts. Let's not fool ourselves into believing "fake news" is a recent phenomena.

Soldato
Quebec police have said on twitter that only Alexandre Bissonnette (1 of the 2) of the people arrested is a suspect.

Arab guy has been cleared and was arrested at the mosque.

So looks like far right terrorist. Apparently his Facebook had likes for Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump.

Man of Honour
it is fake news, you're as silly for defending it as anyone would be defending the BBC picture

firstly where does it state that it only relates to the US? Can you cite a source - nope you can't you just made that up/assumed it...

secondly what do the figures for claimed deaths refer to, which attacks? - you got any sources? Nope you haven't - you're unable to cite anything...

for example the 911 attacks killed 2996 people so the Saudi and Egyptian figures are wrong

You can't defend it, you can't cite anything, your position is a stupid one. It is a picture containing some made up figures and you're trying to make inferences like 'the statistics are relating to US Citizens killed in the United States' when you're utterly clueless as to where the supposed statistics have come from. That makes you just as credulous as all the Trump supporting Breitbart readers.

In addition, the ban is referred to as "Trump's Muslim Ban" in the picture, which immediately makes it clear it's "fake news", i.e. lying for political purposes, regardless of whether or not the figures are true and if so what they refer to. There is no "Muslim ban". That's just a lie for political purposes. Trump might (or might not) want there to be a blanket ban on Muslims entering the USA, but there isn't one. The ban is on people from 7 specific countries. So people who are not Muslims are banned and people who are Muslims are not banned - it's obviously not a "Muslim ban".

Caporegime

I believe he divided the victims of 9/11 between the amount of terrorists involved and then ametised them out between the attackers nationality

As for sources:

www.wsj.com/amp/articles/countries-...ent-main-sources-of-terror-attacks-1485708300

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....rism-trnd/index.html?client=ms-android-google

Soldato
Apparently this is the shooter

alexandre_bissonnette_1.jpg

And his facebook page.

https://archive.is/u2Hex

Soldato
i don't trust any of the mainstream media tbh (or twitter for that matter). you're likely to get a better picture of what's going on by look at as many sources as possible and drawing your own conclusion. i mean, the bbc actually went this far...

LnEVRms.jpg

Bet you can't link that page from the BBC website. I do hope one of your "many sources" isn't some weak minded fake news nonsense....

Back
Top Bottom