US: The Man in the High castle

Soldato
Just finished season two and i think it was amazing. Not sure if its setting up for a season three or finishing up the series, with a few unanswered questions to leave the mind boggling. I'd like to see a season 3, but also worried that it could go off the rails, if they all try and make it a happy ending with the Allies and alternative reality coming thru as the new norm. Its a series that really opens the mind and makes you think !

10/10 for me !

Soldato
Just finished watching Season 1 and 2 in a couple of weeks after putting it off for a while, it takes a couple of episodes to get going but I'm so glad I watched it.

The performances from Obbleygobbleyglockenspiel Fuhrer, Juliana, Trade Minister and the Chief Inspector are superb and make the show for me. Frank and Ed's bromance began to grate after a while but it's nice to see Ed is coming out of his shell a bit. I can't wait to see what happens in Season 3.

I was surprised at the amount of Cylons in it too :D I don't have much more to say but if you're on the fence about giving it a go then try it.

Soldato
Just finished S2, really enjoyed how it all came together in the final episode.

A little surprised the Chief Inspector survived the bomb. Was it due to his right hand man diving on him for cover?

Soldato
Just finished S2, really enjoyed how it all came together in the final episode.

A little surprised the Chief Inspector survived the bomb. Was it due to his right hand man diving on him for cover?

seems like it, he took a long hard look at him after pulling himself up from the rubble, much honour! Great courage!

Caporegime
This show is so god damn good. Just finished watching season 2.

Rufus Sewell deserves serious credit for this. It really is an astonishing performance.

I hope it has a satisfying ending though. It is obviously all about parallel timelines/universes, and those sorts of things ( like time travel) are always very difficult to get right.

Caporegime
Also, the whole premise of the show is difficult to get your head around but from what I gather...

The Man in the High Castle knew that obviously that tape did not depict the timeline we are watching and therefore was not showing San Francisco within that timeline being destroyed. That tape must have come from another alternate universe, where it did get destroyed at some point in the past.

It seems as though he was trying to work out WHY in that universe, San Francisco was not bombed.

BUT that sort of doesn't work, as otherwise we aren't talking about just people leaping between parallel universes, but also time travelling... (if we are to believe that tape shows San Francisco being bombed due to events we see unfolding in the second season.)

So the main question, was the San Francisco tape just a red herring (ie not a tape from the future) - ie a tape to make Juliana believe that is what was going to happen in her timeline, when in fact it was just a video from a random alternate timeline.

The Man in the High Castle perhaps knew this, but also knew war with Germany and Japan was coming and that perhaps only Juliana could save it in this timeline we are watching.

Basically, there is no way that tape showing a nuked San Francisco could be from their own timeline, unless people are able to time travel within their own timelines as well...

Soldato
Just finished S2. Wow, what a finale. As others have said, Sewell is just amazing in this. The final episode is just staggering from start to finish and the setup for S3 (Thank you, Amazon) has me hooked already.

I am consistently amazed by the quality of some of the shows that Amazon and Netflix are pushing out. I've not enjoyed TV this much since Babylon 5 finished it's run.

Back
Top Bottom