Unreal Tournament news on the horizon!

Soldato
I played UT Classic
I played UT 2003
I played UT 2004
I played UT3

At first, I ruined my kids, I gave them all complexes cos daddy would not let them beat him.

Then they got better... And better... And eventually daddy started to break their mice or spill coffee on their keyboards so that daddy had a chance. ( Not entirely a lie either )

Now the kids have uttery ruined any chances of enjoying the bloody games cos even when daddy uses a Keyb/Mouse combo that costs £200 plus on a £3K High end gaming PC and his git kids ( now 17, 18, and 19 ) are still utterly slaughtering him even with poundStretcher Keyboards and mice on >5 year old PCs... Daddy knows its time to call it a day.

And never let the sods play the new UT no matter what!

But you know your beaten when you play against Bots and you set them to novice and your kids set them to Godlike and they still walk all over your score!

Im not bitter... No no no... Im not... Ok a bit...

Soldato
The original was something out of this world.

I played it on a Cyrix 333 in an M590 Mobo which has SIS6326 OnBoard AGP Graphics and I played it at 640x480 in Software mode.

I cannot imagine having to put up with that these days.
I got my first 3D Card just to play it, its an Orchid Righteous.

I know these cos I still got them... yeah, I hoard stuff.

I soon upgraded through a few 3DFX Cards such as the Voodoo 2. I had 4 of these in total, but the only 2 I ever got working in SLI were the EvilKings... Again yeah, I still got and yeah they still work... They are currently in a K6/2-550 running Win98SE ( I told you I hoard ). with a whopping 196MB RAM.

You know... Sod it... im gunna have a play...

VTR

VTR

Soldato
The original was something out of this world.

I played it on a Cyrix 333 in an M590 Mobo which has SIS6326 OnBoard AGP Graphics and I played it at 640x480 in Software mode.

I cannot imagine having to put up with that these days.
I got my first 3D Card just to play it, its an Orchid Righteous.

I know these cos I still got them... yeah, I hoard stuff.

I soon upgraded through a few 3DFX Cards such as the Voodoo 2. I had 4 of these in total, but the only 2 I ever got working in SLI were the EvilKings... Again yeah, I still got and yeah they still work... They are currently in a K6/2-550 running Win98SE ( I told you I hoard ). with a whopping 196MB RAM.

You know... Sod it... im gunna have a play...

Ahhh memories, used to love my KS2-450 - first PC I built :)

Wish I was a hoarding and kept hold of it!

Associate
Still can't get the beta to load :( . Uninstalled and downloaded it 3x so far :( . Will have to upload logs if anyone can give some pointers later? Game launches and then after intro loses "focus" on rig and becomes minimised, nothing is then maximising it.

Last edited:
Associate
I was playing this with a couple friends last year. It was pretty fun and I got banned from using the sniper rifle, as they thought I was cheating with it :(

Associate
Brilliant game this, for big boys only thou :)

I know what you're saying Day:) ....I think:o:D

Lol that typo :)
What actually is flagrun? I've googled around and can't see a clear answer anywhere?

It's apparently a mash up of CTF and Assault and sounds very fast paced.
Not tried it but it sounds fun:)

Where are all you guys, never seem to bump into many UK players... or have you secretly been fragging me incognito!!!!:eek:...bit rude to be honest!!!:mad::o:D

Associate
Lol that typo :)
What actually is flagrun? I've googled around and can't see a clear answer anywhere?

Attacking team has to get the flag into defending teams base within the time limit. The faster they achieve this the more stars the team gets.

There are then little round bases on the floor throughout the map where u can 'rally' your team (essentially, they teleport to your location when they press the rally key). It's a necessary and mechanic and appears to work well.

Defending team only has 5 lives whilst the attackers have unlimited, so there's a bit of scope for dm-ing the defending team to reduce their numbers or at least distract them.

The game type is fun, but very spammy, although the way the guns are evolving at the moment isn't really helping. Not sure how it would feel in competitive play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom