Oculus Rift

Soldato
Yeah I've got that, I've just tried Assetto Corsa but can't seem to tell what frame rate I'm getting in game, the Steam FPS counter doesn't appear to work, is there anyway to find out?

Have you got the Rift Debug Tool?

Enables you to set SS (SuperSampling) and also enable the debug HUD in the rift.

Soldato
You can get the SDK here :-

https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/pc/1.10.1/Oculus_SDK_for_Windows/

In the archive there will be a tools directory, the debug exe is in there.

To use it you need to launch Oculus Home first, then the debug tool, if you make a change to the SS, I run 1.6 for pretty much everything but it will be dependant on your setup. I have also found that its best to then close the debug tool, close Oculus Home, then relaunch everything and you should see that the SS has now taken affect.

This is not perm, you will need to do it after reboots, there are some 3rd party tools available now, a system tray based one from memory but I have not used them.

Soldato
What is the SS in the Debug tool...is that Pixel Per Display Pixel Overide..?

Yes, should be 0 when you run for first time, try something like 1.3 and make sure to hit enter, should change to something like 1.30000 after hitting enter.

Then close and reload both debug tool and oculus home, when reloaded it should be sat at the new setting.

If you run SS this way make sure your games have SS disabled in game if there is an option, not sure what affect double SS would have or if its possible :D

Soldato
Underneath that is the visible HUD selection, this will enable the various HUD within the headset.

Those are the only two things I use in the debug tool and not touched anything else.

Associate
Ok excellent thank's for that...hopefully then I can adjust my game settings without trying to guess a little later on.

I've put Elite Dangerous on VR Ultra and no issue's...all seems good at the moment but I still need to actually see the performance.

Associate
Underneath that is the visible HUD selection, this will enable the various HUD within the headset.

Those are the only two things I use in the debug tool and not touched anything else.

I've just noticed your system spec in your sig, how is the 1080 running with the FX-8350..?

I have the same CPU which I've overclocked to 4.5Ghz currently and wondered about a 1080 but thought the CPU would potentially be a bottleneck..?

Soldato
I'm running at 4.5Ghz too.

I've not noticed any but have nothing to compare too, the games I've tried all work for me.

How can I test and record the result?

Soldato
Right, I can get a CV1 for £420, I have a DK2 and razer hydra at the moment.

Just needing to think is it worth the cost? My friend recommended PSVR but I dunno..

Could sell the DK2 somehow but that depends how much for.

Soldato
So since the Zenimax stuff has gone down how much are we betting that Fallout 4 vr will be htc vive exclusive?

It will probably be a Steam only title using OpenVR so will work with the Rift.

If they do a hardware check, doubtful, that Revive fella, think his name is Jules Blok, will just patch it like Google Earth. He is not a fan of exclusivity.

Soldato
No didn't think so.

Still on the edge.. either that or a new TV from my 2009 LG 1080i lol.

just fancied something new so came here.

/oculus were less than helpful, downvoted instantly..

Back
Top Bottom