The end of selling game codes you get from buying a new GPU on the Members Market.

Soldato
lol tight *****. You pay £600 for a 1080 or whatever and they are worried about you making 40 quid from selling them?

Soldato
lol what next...

They will start having DRM just to install drivers lol, you will only be able to activate your graphics card once. You wont be able to sell your old graphics cards on eBay because the market for used GPUs is thriving and eBay are taking 10% of the sales while nVidia gets zilch.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Silly isn't it. Surely the games are meant to be a nice way to enhance the sales by offering a nice extra, but this is screwing that up for people now.

I hope AMD smash Nvidia with their new cards now. Nvidia forcing people to tie steam/uplay/origin accounts to GEFORCE experience. I wonder if they are doing this so they can slurp up your gaming data habits to sell on. Either way, its crap.

Soldato
OP
Well reading the article, I have a feeling you get a code you put into GEFORCE experience which will check you have the relevant card, so you could in theory sell to somebody who has the same card, but that limits your customer base I suppose.

Soldato
Will it not be a case that you will redeem code via GE which as you say, will check you have a qualifying card. Once it validates that it will give you the key to be put in to Steam/ Origin/ Uplay to redeem?

Therefore, technically once you have gotten this code from Nvidia, you can still sell this without redeeming it yourself?

Afterall, Geforce Experience isn't a platform in itself to install games and I don't believe it links to your Steam/ Uplay/ Origin accounts!

Associate
A little disappointing to hear this, to be fair.

I gave away the games I got with my intel i6700k to friends (because I didn't want to play them)...

I guess this will just mean they'd sit there unused.

Soldato
What happens if you wanted to gift it to someone?

Like a friend and I swapped game codes. I had a code for a game I already had (Assassins Creed). He was in the same situation with a different game (Rainbow Six). He wanted my code, I wanted his. They were equal value at the time so we swapped and we had both games without wasting a code.

Just miserly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well reading the article, I have a feeling you get a code you put into GEFORCE experience which will check you have the relevant card, so you could in theory sell to somebody who has the same card, but that limits your customer base I suppose.

Especially so as a good chunk of those people with the same card will already have the free games from buying their own card :p

Man of Honour

Well that's great when you want to upgrade your own card. When I next buy a card I'll just have to assume the games are worthless and consider whether the price is worth it for the card alone.

Back
Top Bottom