**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Caporegime
Only had a quick chance to get in and do settings etc. but wow the performance is abysmal regardless of settings... And when you drop everything to get even close to 50fps, the game looks trash then. With everything maxed, the game does look a lot better than the footage shown so far on youtube.

Here's hoping that this really is a "beta" and not a "demo" like most of the so called "betas".

EDIT:

Glad to see I am not the only one with bad performance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wildlands/comments/5rtly9/baaaaad_performance/

Last edited:
Associate
Clunky as hell, performance is poop, can't bind Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End or Page Down (I use arrow keys for movement).

The wheel for team orders is terrible. Vehicle controls are awful. Gunsmith is cool as hell though. Not overly enamoured so far...

Associate
Quelle surprise, performance is dire at anything other than minimal settings.

A lot of it reminds me of the recent Far Cry games (3, 4 & primal), long treks across the map to get to the next story mission but this time with 3 team mates (AI or real-life)

It's not a bad game but definitely not one I'll be buying at launch, when it's half price or less and the performance issues are resolved then I'll consider it.

Associate
Performance is pretty sketch when driving about,when fighting/moving on foot its fine tho.

Performance difference between low>very high is a bit odd tho,visual differences are huge, frame-rate gains from dropping settings arnt very good tho.

What im using at 1080p,averaging 70-75fps in combat/running about drops to low 50s when driving

Antialiasing-Temporal AA
Ambient Occlusion-ssbc
Draw Distance-Medium
Level of Detail-High
Texture Quality-Very high
Anisotropic Filtering-16x
Shadow Quality-medium
Terrain Quality-high
Vegetation Quality-medium
Motion Blur- Off
Iron Sights DOF-Off
Bloom-On
God Rays-Off
Subsurface Scattering-Off
Lens Flare-Off
Long Range Shadows-Off

Edit:Ok just wandered into Cotani,performance just nosedived wtf

Last edited:
Associate
It took me around 18 hours to go from invited to actually been able to download the game, seems uplay is a little slow.

(On another note, Uplay has been a bit retarded lately, having to keep restarting the client because it wont sync and people dropping out of siege games)

Caporegime
meh to the performance in this, I didn't think there was a game that could possibly run worse than ark....

Aside from that, I quite like the game, I would say it feels closest to far cry in terms of the open world + outposts and being able to approach said objective or whatever by however you choose, be it guns blazing, stealth etc.

But yeah until the performance is fixed, meh! Just remember folks, don't pre-order....

I wonder if they will actually be able to improve the performance considering how big and open the map/game is (according to ubi, this is the biggest play area in any of their games), either way, surely it has to perform better in the final version?! Game certainly seems like it could benefit from a low level API like vulkan/dx 12 too.

Caporegime
Lets hope Vega arrives early then Nexus and is a BEAST MODE GPU !!

Back to Conan and iRacing oh and PS4 Pro ;)

In its current state, to run this game with just high settings @ 60FPS @ 1080P, you would need the GPU power of 2x1080s :p I don't have that much faith in vega/AMD :p ;) :(

Something definitely wrong with the performance/optimisation, there is no way a game could perform this bad, it's just a question of if the developers will bother to fix whatever is causing the issues for release or not... However, given that they have supposedly been working on this for 4 years and the game is due in a month, I am not very hopeful :(

Associate
Just got myself a key with 3 invites and since it seems quite a few people on here have access but aren't sharing, I'd be happy to send out invites to the next 3 people who quote this post with their Uplay ID...

Back
Top Bottom