What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
See I'd love to just pop out for a good run... But where do I go from south London.. ! I'm so annoyed with the fact that to even get out of it towards Surrey it takes me an hour! Never mind evo triangle which is very much on my list of roads to explore sooner or later. How far away do you live from it ? Just wondering if I'm being a wuss and not willing to spend 2.5 hours getting somewhere fun.

Make a weekend of it. I didn't let the fact it was 600 miles away stop me from enjoying the Scottish Highlands for example :p

Man of Honour
See I'd love to just pop out for a good run... But where do I go from south London.. ! I'm so annoyed with the fact that to even get out of it towards Surrey it takes me an hour! Never mind evo triangle which is very much on my list of roads to explore sooner or later. How far away do you live from it ? Just wondering if I'm being a wuss and not willing to spend 2.5 hours getting somewhere fun.

I am 95 miles from it, I just got in a drove there then did some 'laps' and drove home. Good music or a V10, coffee stops and the roads were fairly clear and to be honest the cars I came across on the triangle signalled me past :)

Soldato
Even I'm not daft enough to run an old car as a daily, an only car yes, but not a daily.

I never really gelled with the cabriolet hence the fact I only covered 3500 miles in it. My Golf mk2 though has seen nearly 15,000 miles driven by me since Dec '13 and whilst it's not amazing on fuel at 32mpg average over those miles, it's not awful.

I don't need a car which is why I'm happy to only run older cars, if/when I need a daily though I'll get something modern, boring, sensible and reliable...I wouldn't run an mx5 and an e30 as my only cars if I needed to drive every day.

As for my high beam telltale replacement, I went from a tiny LED with a cap on it (originally it was a tiny bulb with a blue cap) to a large blue LED with some paint to tint / lower the brightness.

Before:
b7c2d16758052292c2dc0d0037f0ad41.jpg

After:
4c4e414ef13a1f2c281e1f159053d2e2.jpg

12724e7abb8b7974cd6e2ce26981cb16.jpg

It might be a touch bright but it's similar to the previous tiny LED I had in there and I rarely have full beam on anyway as most of my night driving is around town / on the motorway with traffic about.

Soldato
Watched it drive away for the last time. I got just over £2000 more than what I paid for it 30k miles ago but naturally I still feel like a part of me has been taken away :p Best car I've ever owned by far.

32667132646_df608eb6f6_b.jpg

Caporegime
24MPG how I've been driving it is excellent. I was really surprised. I was expecting sub 20! Its the least economical E30 I think, 325i touring. I think even the E30 M3 gets better MPG.

Today I went and collected some genuine optional 15" basketweave BBS' with centre caps, and a full leather comfort interior in black with no rips or tears, recently re-coloured.

Fitted all of it bar the door cards which I'm going to do tomorrow. Also bought a couple of replacement plastic bits. :)

Expensive day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom