The Display Cabinet

Associate
Thanks. I'm going to stick to painting basic troops for a bit while I've still got the enthusiasm for it. I'll probably pick up Magnus when Forgeworld do their version.

It was announced at the Horus Heresy weekender and rumours are it's going to be on sale at Warhammer fest in May

Caporegime
This was my miniature for the 20 year challenge on the Eavier Metal group. This miniature is very much my Everest. I've had it since I was about 10, I painted it once (very badly) then (sadly no pictures survive!) and when I retook the hobby up 4 years ago it was my second miniature to paint. I stripped off the old paintjob, got about 60% in and stopped. He's sat on my desk since waiting for the day. Rather than strip it and start for a third time I decided to try and save the paintjob and see how much I'd learnt in the last 4 years. I modified nearly every area and finally he's finished. Included a couple of pictures of the 'before' stage so you can see what it came from!

Associate
Here are some of my Relics models I painted a while back.
Nuem and Orcnar factions.
2yyqhhz.jpg

2hwcxnl.jpg

357eql3.jpg

16k3o5v.jpg

nnleu9.jpg

Caporegime
Yeah not familiar with them but they look pretty cool.

I was on a painting workshop last weekend with Alfonso 'Banshee' Giraldes, one of the best painters in the world. Amazing experience, if anyone gets a chance to go on one I highly recommend.

Here is the sketch on the anonymous bust (still far from finished, haven't touched the eyes or hair yet really)

Associate
You're clearly a talented painter, but I'd love for you to step out of your comfort zone more and try different schemes or painting styles.

Thanks!
Yes this is something I really need to try. I actually have a Stormcast army which I'm painting up so once that's done and out the way I may have a go at some random miniatures.
I have a small selection of 'death' faction minis so I'm tempted to buy Nagash and give that a shot....or maybe a random mini with a lot of flesh as I've not painted flesh before.

Back
Top Bottom