Let's play a game: name a profession that is more pathetic than being an estate agent.

Soldato
Any form of salesman/woman

How they sleep at night knowing the amount of BS they fill people with I do not know.

When I was selling static caravans an unduly disgruntled customer asked me that very same question,

I replied "on a big bed of cash"

It left him so mad his original and pointless problem disappeared and his sole reason for living was to get me fired :D

Associate
Definitely recruitment people.

I've come close to answering the phone and telling them to **** off recently.

Multiple phone calls daily even after telling them I'm not interested, voice mails coming out of every orifice telling me to give them a call if I'm interested even after telling them I'm not.

Numerous emails chasing all these calls and no reply when I ask them to remove my details from their lists.

Irritating flipping leeches!

Agreed, Straight away when i make the mistake of answering my phone I say im not looking for work and happy were im am. Instantly they change from trying to find me job to fishing about the company I work for and if they can help finding work.

"Oh does John Stevenson still work there...." (fake name never worked for the company)

Never heard of him (They hope you give away someones name and will call them directly as soon as your done)

"maybe im getting mixed up who is head of recruitment these days"

or the classic "how longs left on your contact......" normally after you say your not interested.

Scum always trying to fish for information I just dont say anything to them now and hang up if they start fishing.

Soldato
Some good friends of mine work in recruitment and to be fair, their targets are harsh. It's very cut throat and it's basically a case of miss your targets two months in a row and you're out. Yes it's annoying to be on the receiving end though.

Associate
Associate
Salesperson. Any kind, any industry. Salespersons (salespeople? :confused: ) are the grunts of the retail industry: common as muck, poorly educated, frequently borderline illiterate, and utterly disposable.

Yes, strictly speaking this includes real estate agents, but the role of a REA covers property management as well; they're not all in sales.

Harsh!

I work in sales for a manufacturer and actually my job takes a lot of skill and intelligence due to creating technical specifications etc for the bespoke products we produce for our customers. This is alongside all the usual visiting customers and bringing in new business. I also have a masters degree and am far from illiterate.

We're not all bad you know!

Man of Honour
Some good friends of mine work in recruitment and to be fair, their targets are harsh. It's very cut throat and it's basically a case of miss your targets two months in a row and you're out. Yes it's annoying to be on the receiving end though.

Surely it makes more sense to stop wasting time on people who have in nicer terms told you to go and jump off a cliff after the millionth call then?

Caporegime
Harsh!

I work in sales for a manufacturer and actually my job takes a lot of skill and intelligence due to creating technical specifications etc for the bespoke products we produce for our customers. This is alongside all the usual visiting customers and bringing in new business. I also have a masters degree and am far from illiterate.

We're not all bad you know!

Congratulations, you're the statistical outlier.

:D

Back
Top Bottom