• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who will build a Ryzen PC (computer)

Associate
It will be interesting to see if this CPU actually delivers whats promised. I think the Hype train is at full speed right now.

Will wait for benchmarks and see what impact it has. I'm happy with my current setup of a 4690k but may upgrade around xmas to an AMD if the cost and performance is right.

Associate
I'm picking up parts now for a new build, will be Ryzen 8/16 but only after I've seen proper reviews showing it to clock and perform well. Otherwise it's back to intel for another 5 years.

Man of Honour
My suspicion is that the price will be too high for me to warrant an upgrade to this (especially when you factor in new mobo and RAM costs), but I'll wait and see. After all the Bulldozer hype I no longer pay much creed to 'predicted'/'leaked' performance numbers and just see what actually hits the shelves, overclockability and at what price.

As an aside it is a sorry state of affairs really that nothing is out there to tempt me with a system fast approaching 5yrs old; historically I used to do a system build roughly every 2yrs but as of right now I'd be staring at something like £400+ for 7600K/mobo/16GB DDR4 which while better would hardly blow my Ivybridge out of the water in the way I used to get from upgrades typically doubling performance.

Associate
If i can reasonably expect the same SC performance as my current I5 after an OC im deffo in for a 6c/12t Ryzen,,maybe an 8C if its amazing but i dont 'need' 8c/16t

Soldato
If the performance is as AMD say it is I'll be upgrading my i7 3930k to the top of the range Ryzen 8c/16t CPU. Should save me a lot of money on the i7 6900k which I was planning on buying instead. Even if it doesn't perform that well Intel may drop prices. Either way I'll be getting OCUK to build my system for me.

Associate
IF they can pull off even Sandybridge IPC on the 8 core and price around mainstream i5/i7 then its going to be a VERY decent competitor imo. potentially 5930k-beating performance for £300 (between 6600k and 6700k)

I'd take that.

Soldato
=XDC=FluphyBunny;30493453 said:
Sandybridge IPC would be a disaster.

Pricing, we will just have to wait and see.
Bang/buck matters more than anything to everyone except the most price insensitive consumers. If they can deliver something with 90% of the performance at 85% of the price then it's a no brainer for many people.

I'll be buying Ryzen once Vega comes out assuming it's up to snuff.

Soldato
=XDC=FluphyBunny;30493453 said:
Sandybridge IPC would be a disaster.

Pricing, we will just have to wait and see.

Not really. I'd go for an unlocked 8c 16t Sandybridge level chip on a unified socket with 4+ years of support and a Ryzen+ upgrade down the line. The price would have to make sense, but that would still be a great CPU.

Soldato
RavenXXX2;30493604 said:
Yep sandy ipc would be rip AMD.

Sandy is still a solid performer with 4 cores. With 8 cores, HT and overclocking it would be pretty beastly. A DDR4 Sandy system with all the mod cons would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom