Anonymous bank account for bank transfers

Soldato
I'm a sole trader and have a business account with Santander. I never had any problems opening the account either. Unless the rules have changed in the few years that I opened it, you don't need to be a registered company to opened a business account.

Soldato
All banks have to comply with "know your customer" legislation for fraud and money laundering. Those that do business in the US (however small) also have to comply with the US version of it and will be a LOT more pedantic about it due to the very predatory nature of US prosecutors.

You ought to be able do it as a sole trader, otherwise people like plumbers and so on get excluded. If you are forced to go the Ltd co route, then setting one up isn't hard, but it will cost you a little bit. Long time since i did it, so my knowledge is out of date, but a quick google finds: https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation/register-your-company.

Soldato
Tefal;30495548 said:
Is there a way to set up an account that can receive payments without giving out my name etc?

You don't need to give out your name for bank transfers, if the 'payee' section is required from your bank you can put in anything.

Soldato
Did your cocaine wash up in Norfolk? ;)

Anyway, being serious for a second - I've had plenty of times when someone misspelled my surname when sending me a payment, so you can give them a bogus name - but if you don't want to give your name to the actual bank that's not legally possible.

Caporegime
Longbow;30495961 said:
You don't need to give out your name for bank transfers, if the 'payee' section is required from your bank you can put in anything.

That's what I was going to say. Nobody can tell what name your account is registered too unless it's a) the bank themselves or b) you tell someone.

Caporegime
OP
Thats ok then.

I wasnt sure if it would throw up an error if it wasnt my real name.

For now then ill jist open another account and use that and give a trading name foe them to enter.

Caporegime
Even if you could now it wouldn't last long. Shortly all online bank transfers will need to have the correct account name or the transfer won't go through. Atm just the sort code and bank account is all that is needed.

Always thought it was mad as if you type one digit wrong in the account number the money goes elsewhere and legally you aren't entitled to it back.

Caporegime
Greebo;30496217 said:
Always thought it was mad as if you type one digit wrong in the account number the money goes elsewhere and legally you aren't entitled to it back.

Can happen but it still needs to be a valid sort code/account number combo, more likely it isn't and the payment is rejected.

Soldato
Tefal;30495612 said:
Pay pal is the hassle of people doing charge backs/scams clsimed its not arrived etc.

Least a bank transfer i know is more secure

I have not read the whole thread but what about those card accounts that you just top up with money? Probably already been mentioned though :)

One of these http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards

I bet you could be bit untruthyish and still get one of them :)

Use business name to fill in the First\Last name details on the application > https://sites.prepaytec.com/chopinweb/scarePersonalDetailForm.do?org.apache.catalina.filters.CSRF_NONCE=C8C9F633CE4F81EE60B4769D94A1E09B

Back
Top Bottom