Too good to be true? AOC AGON 27

Soldato
Struggling to see how this is worth double the likes of the prettier Acer H277HU etc, does the refresh rate make it worth that much?
That said, Ive just checked the prices of the Acer and its gone up about a hundred quid since I bought my last couple.

Associate
I would pay extra to have the monitor checked first for the Blb and dead pixels if this service existed, but I shouldn't have to.

Buying an 144hz ips gsync is a lottery doesn't matter who you choose at the moment. To many people say they can live with it and keep them so the manufacturer ain't gonna sort out qc.

I went with the xb271hu which I have sent back. I would have ordered the aoc as I like the look of it and aoc seem to have good warrenty and customer service but it's too late , the company are sending me out a new one. If this new one is shyt I'm going with aoc. If its gonna have blb it may aswell be cheap blb.

Associate
OP
hartty;30487031 said:
I would pay extra to have the monitor checked first for the Blb and dead pixels if this service existed, but I shouldn't have to.

Buying an 144hz ips gsync is a lottery doesn't matter who you choose at the moment. To many people say they can live with it and keep them so the manufacturer ain't gonna sort out qc.

I went with the xb271hu which I have sent back. I would have ordered the aoc as I like the look of it and aoc seem to have good warrenty and customer service but it's too late , the company are sending me out a new one. If this new one is shyt I'm going with aoc. If its gonna have blb it may aswell be cheap blb.

Thanks - is it straightforward to return with OC in this case? I normally use Amazon because it is easy with them...

Associate
jklondon;30486382 said:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-046-ao.html

On paper great with decent price but mixed review around google. Anyone own it and care to comment?

Txs
JK

The panel on this monitor will be the same as in the acer and asus monitors like this

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-088-as.html.

You should also keep in mind that HDR monitors are coming in Q2 maybe. Tho they be overpirced. reading anywhere from $1200-$1600-$2000 :D

But maybe they will make a cheap 2k HDR one day :p
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...se-republic-of-gamers-announces-swift-pg27uq/

Associate
Hedge;30487808 said:
I'm holding out for aocs new superwide g sync in March.

Me too, waiting for the AG352UCG and hope AOC use good anti-glace coating on this.

I got the AG241QG 24" before Xmas, put it straight back for return because of the very bad grainy coating.

Associate
OP
received today only few hours in but here is my quick verdict

> Good:

- 165Hz with G-Sync is amazing, versus my dell 25inch IPS, playing F1 2016, it is like the game has had a massive upgrade. So silky smooth.

- Great colours, you can tell difference from TN for sure.

- Great for normal operating - word, excel.

> Bad:

- Bit of backlight bleed but not as bad as I thought it might be. Not noticeable in normal usage.

- Controls are poor.

- Not as slick as some other manufactures to setup.

Verdict - 80%

Associate
jonessa;30498612 said:
I've been really pleased with mine.

Maybe I use to the light matte coating on my u2515h. :p;) And I have a 7 years old TN 21" Benq as well, and I did compare both side by side, the Benq came out better. The white background on AG241QG just look grainy.

I just believe the manufacture should do better because it cost £390 at that time which wasn't cheap for 24".

Back
Top Bottom