What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
what year is that?

I've got a set of folding adjustable (sliging so shorty to full length and anything in between) dogleg style levers for a cbr f4i 01. black and gunmetal grey

never got fitted to the bike (got hit by a car before they arrived)

had them sat arounbd for years need to shift them.

1999 mate. thanks for the offer but I just want normal, cheap levers. Can't justify folding levers.

Caporegime
Be happy to get rid of them for 20 quid or so theyve been sat ona shelf for abour 4 years.

Moving house so a load of stuff needs to go dont know if theyd fit a 99 though

Soldato
Took the mud guard off....as you can see it got pressed into the tyre down the motorway. Looks like one set of bolts has got lost allowing the thing to pivot back and forth
16508094_10158242019470512_6793816361609528335_n.jpg

Edit: On the plus side the LEDs from the US arrived today

Man of Honour
I think I might finally pull my finger out and spend some time in the shed this weekend going over the old YBR so I can get it MOT'd and ready to sell once the weather picks up.

It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it stops, starts and turns so hopefully I should be able to clear at least £800 on it.

Caporegime
I want a bike badly but unless I get a very good deal now is not the time to buy. I just had a whopper of a holiday in Oz which has dented my bankroll significantly. Then there are the complications of whether to even bother with a 125 or do DAS and crack on. Problem is that all these costs are doubled as I'm taking my wife on this adventure with me. Got loads of OT coming up though so the wallet should loosen up significantly in the coming months.

Soldato
Dropped it off at the garage for a wet service, throttle and clutch cable replacement, front brake rebuild and potentially throttle bodies balancing to try and cure my very lumpy idle.

He was shocked at how stretched my clutch cable was :p

Associate
Forum mod;30482497 said:
I want a bike badly but unless I get a very good deal now is not the time to buy. I just had a whopper of a holiday in Oz which has dented my bankroll significantly. Then there are the complications of whether to even bother with a 125 or do DAS and crack on. Problem is that all these costs are doubled as I'm taking my wife on this adventure with me. Got loads of OT coming up though so the wallet should loosen up significantly in the coming months.

I'd do DAS and crack on tbh. Just get something around the 600cc mark.

If there are two of you, I can't see 125s being entertaining for long, especially if you want to get out and explore.

Soldato
Forum mod;30482497 said:

Have you looked into DAS costs for schools near you?

Absolute minimum you'll be looking at is £5-600 each, some schools charge £1k for new riders... :eek:

To get a decent 125 you're looking at £1500 realistically. Plus CBT puts that at £1800 on the road (ignoring helmet/kit cost as that will be the same). Do a few months on 125's and you'll then be able to do a 3 day DAS which is more likely to be £5-600 rather than £8-900 with zero experience.

Go straight to a DAS and it will be £8-900 for the course, then for a semi decent first bike I'd budget £1500, but you can pay a lot less.

The costs are similar, it all depends on the DAS course cost. I did mine with a trainer in Gillingham who was not only one of the best in the area, but one of the cheapest. a 3 days course with with both tests on the 3rd day was just over £500, not including CBT. I had 7000 miles and 6 months of 125 commuting experience at that point.

Caporegime
misterjingo;30493299 said:
I'd do DAS and crack on tbh. Just get something around the 600cc mark.

If there are two of you, I can't see 125s being entertaining for long, especially if you want to get out and explore.

TallPaul_S;30493331 said:
Have you looked into DAS costs for schools near you?

Absolute minimum you'll be looking at is £5-600 each, some schools charge £1k for new riders... :eek:

To get a decent 125 you're looking at £1500 realistically. Plus CBT puts that at £1800 on the road (ignoring helmet/kit cost as that will be the same). Do a few months on 125's and you'll then be able to do a 3 day DAS which is more likely to be £5-600 rather than £8-900 with zero experience.

Go straight to a DAS and it will be £8-900 for the course, then for a semi decent first bike I'd budget £1500, but you can pay a lot less.

The costs are similar, it all depends on the DAS course cost. I did mine with a trainer in Gillingham who was not only one of the best in the area, but one of the cheapest. a 3 days course with with both tests on the 3rd day was just over £500, not including CBT. I had 7000 miles and 6 months of 125 commuting experience at that point.

Cheers for the replies guys, but you're not helping matters :D

We did our CBTs last year and for someone who said "you'll never get me on a bike" she couldn't get off the bloody thing (she only agreed to do it because she lost a bet) :p

I'm going to get a 125 either way as they cost £lol to run and I can batter it a bit or dunk it in salt and not shed tears, which is perfect for commuting. Might get a 300 or something later on but I can go buy a 125 today and ride it which is considerably cheaper than doing a full licence and then getting a bike. I'll probably budget about £500 for kit. Again this isn't going to be top of the line stuff, just decent and disposable in case I have a tumble or whatever. It's going to get fairly heavily used so I don't want to spend thousands on stuff (apart from a helmet ofc, I ain't putting my dome in some cheapo crap).

Soldato
Put replacement front fender on. Was lucky enough to find out that the CBR1000F front fender will go on mine. Picked it up for £20 instead of the £60+ ppl wanted on ebay for the CBR600F listed fenders

Associate
In the process of getting my new little project ready to ride, went to loosen the handlebar clamps and the bolts all came out far too easily. Three were 10mm shorter than standard, the other had stripped the thread. Why would someone do this :confused:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Crowze;30497451 said:
Why would someone do this :confused:

Because they're mechanical imbeciles obviously, & with that in mind ide be going over the rest of the bike with a magnifying glass looking for any other hidden nasty bodges.

Associate
VoG;30497463 said:
Because they're mechanical imbeciles obviously, & with that in mind ide be going over the rest of the bike with a magnifying glass looking for any other hidden nasty bodges.
Quite, I've already replaced two missing engine bolts and removed the sawn-off remains of some pannier rails. What gets me though is it has a full main dealer service history, most recently about 8 months ago, you'd hope they'd have noticed and done something about it.

Soldato
I have bought and sold 30 + motorcycles over the years and you will be surprised how ******* stupid some people are and lie out of there teeth.

Soldato
Yesterday I move it, stated it up and gave it a good rev and then put it back. Havn't used it much this year. Mainly to do with the track I live down being wrecked up and muddy from the building works.

Back
Top Bottom