Favourite puzzle or strategy games? (PC, without twitch gameplay)

Associate
My new girlfriend loves puzzle & strategy games - but doesnt really like twitch mechanics, so action/RTS isnt her thing. I know she has liked civilisation before, and is currently playing plants vs zombies 2.

Any suggestions for something she might like? We are on PC

Associate
My new girlfriend loves puzzle & strategy games - but doesnt really like twitch mechanics, so action/RTS isnt her thing. I know she has liked civilisation before, and is currently playing plants vs zombies 2.

Any suggestions for something she might like? We are on PC
Banished is a good little city management game. I've not played it yet but The Silent Age is supposedly a very good point & click adventure. For something a little more out-of-the-box, maybe X-COM?

Broken Sword is a great shout.

Associate
It seems obvious but what about Portal? I'm not sure if it would classed as an "action" game but I don't think there are many parts of the game which are action heavy, except maybe the very end. And if she likes Portal 1 then Portal 2 is arguably even better.

Also The Talos Principle is a very good puzzle game and quite similar to Portal.

Associate
OP
she isnt a wsad fan, I tried that with portal & she didnt like it, but possibly would on the Vive if there is teleport locomotion like Portal stories (i was trying original portal first so she would get the humor a bit more) - the witness, obduction, talos principle might all work for her.

Shes a funny one, really likes some games and finds others pointless.

The original "Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords" is a great combo of Puzzle/Strategy.
- that is the sort of thing she really likes, sorta half/half with only a little bit of twitch (like PvsZ)

Associate
Have you tried Costume Quest? It's silly fun. Some very slightly arcade-y elements (timing button presses) but not twitch at all. Went through it with my wife as a gateway drug to getting her hooked on Lego LotR.

maj

maj

Soldato
Obduction
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (if she can use a controller)
Grim Fandango
Unravel

These might be too much twitch. I'll let you decide:
The Cave
The Swapper
Trine series
Ori & The Blind Forest

There's also Quantum Conundrum which was developed by one of the original Portal developers. Might be a bit slower and easier to play.

Associate
OP
Obduction
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (if she can use a controller)
Grim Fandango
Unravel

These might be too much twitch. I'll let you decide:
The Cave
The Swapper
Trine series
Ori & The Blind Forest

There's also Quantum Conundrum which was developed by one of the original Portal developers. Might be a bit slower and easier to play.

I've got a few of those - she can use a controller, It just seems random whether she likes things or not :D

How about Tower Defense?

Sol Survivor
Defense Grid
Bloons TD

Or maybe some Stardew Valley? That **** is like crack :D

I havent even played stardew crack factory yet.. we might get properly sucked into that one. I feel warned

Back
Top Bottom