Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Really not good, kinda sucks your sending free stuff to "hot" chicks ;(

I think they send free stuff to anyone who has a following, which makes sense I guess.

I assume she was chosen as she's a smallish channel so happy to give some publicity/post a review for a freebie. Bigger youtubers will probably ask for more.

I'm gonna get famous and ask for OCUK to hook me up with that sweet gpu luvin'.

V F

V F

Soldato
Soldato
I'm with the majority on this one... definitely think the in house OCuk video's are best, I also like the idea of the community being sent products to review.

Personally I'd love to see some detailed how too videos from the likes of 8pack and your other experienced system builders.

Soldato
I'd personally look at how many purchases you get off the back of her video as opposed to listening to the views of the generally pessimistic grumpy forum go-ers.

I have been known to see products being used on Twitch and then look at the links for the products so I'm sure this kind of thing works

Soldato
I'd personally look at how many purchases you get off the back of her video as opposed to listening to the views of the generally pessimistic grumpy forum go-ers.

I have been known to see products being used on Twitch and then look at the links for the products so I'm sure this kind of thing works

^This

Different marketing tactics will appeal to different demographics. You may find it works wonders with teenagers for instance. I would be surprised if people decided not to buy products from OcUK because you had sent her some review products. Anyway there's nothing stopping our glamorous Stu from doing reviews for the forums..

Permabanned
^This

Different marketing tactics will appeal to different demographics. You may find it works wonders with teenagers for instance. I would be surprised if people decided not to buy products from OcUK because you had sent her some review products. Anyway there's nothing stopping our glamorous Stu from doing reviews for the forums..

Agreed, I'm not saying to not do it, but as this seems to be their first venture into it - do your own and be the linusTechTips, you need your own people and get your brand noticed from giving reputable reviews, not cheap tactics.

Even LinusTechTips falls victim to it (refer to feed back in first minute):

Back
Top Bottom