• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TIME FOR A GTX 1070 DEALIO !! **

Soldato
I
I havn't looked into it too much but it is one of their best in range

The 480 is the best card Amd do, right now and it's slightly better than its direct competition, the 1060.

AMD currently have no card to compete at the high end of the market, the nvidia 1070 and 1080

Soldato
So I have a GTX970 now and am thinking about buying the RX 480, so how does this compare to my old card?

I also noticed that both 1070 and 480 have 256 bit mem and I am led to believe that this is important (so 'on paper' these 2 cards should be comparable in performance?)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
So I have a GTX970 now and am thinking about buying the RX 480, so how does this compare to my old card?

The 480 is about 10% faster than the 970 on average, a little more in DX12 games. It's more of a side grade than an upgrade

The only real upgrade from a 970 is either a 2nd hand 980ti, a GTX 1070 or a GTX 1080. There is nothing from AMD at the moment as a true upgrade (until Vega launches later this year)

Pretty much the same situation as I'm in. Everything that's an upgrade from my 970 is too expensive now due to higher RRP of the 10 series and thr £/$ tanking. Neither of which I will compensate for in my budget, so the money I had saved will not be spent

Soldato
Looking up benchmarks YES the 1070 is better but not by much (except for BF4) however I saw shocked by the bitcoin result nVidia cards have always been known for being very bad at this, seems they have worked on that a lot, not that I would use the card for that with it not being power efficient.

b8u0Fjk.png

Soldato
The 480 is about 10% faster than the 970 on average, a little more in DX12 games. It's more of a side grade than an upgrade

The only real upgrade from a 970 is either a 2nd hand 980ti, a GTX 1070 or a GTX 1080. There is nothing from AMD at the moment as a true upgrade (until Vega launches later this year)

Pretty much the same situation as I'm in. Everything that's an upgrade from my 970 is too expensive now due to higher RRP of the 10 series and thr £/$ tanking. Neither of which I will compensate for in my budget, so the money I had saved will not be spent

I should have stated that I have been having possible problems with my 970 which is the main reason for considering a replacement so 'side stepping' wouldn't be an issue in this case

Soldato
I should have stated that I have been having possible problems with my 970 which is the main reason for considering a replacement so 'side stepping' wouldn't be an issue in this case
Do you want a 10% increase for 220 pounds ( 480 ) or a 40% increase for 350 pounds ( 1070 )?

Back
Top Bottom