Errr, I've been a big silly. Help!

Associate
Hey guys,

Today I received my new 1080 from OCUk, got everything installed, fired up battlefield and hit ultra 144hz... but was only getting 130ish... so being greedy I decided that today was the day I was finally going to overclock my stock 4770k. I have NO ELexperience with successful cpu over locking and it's kinda messed up. I followed some guide and probably hit the wrong voltages or something and now I cannot get passed the boot, I'm hit with a boot failure detected warning and it asks me to load defaults, but my keyboard and mouse are none responsive. I'm stuck in a loop. I feel like a right wally, please help!

Associate
OP
Ahh yeah, i think there's a jumper cable to do that. Would resetting the bios effect my windows product key or anything like that?

By the way, thanks so much for the replies, you guys are fast!

Soldato
Yeah got mine too 4.6ghz with 1.29v but was getting a bit warm so dialed it back to 4.4ghz at 1.2v. Just set my RAM to it's rate speed and turned off speedstep.

Associate
OP
I've reset the bios but my keyboard and mouse still don't work for me to get past the bios menu. It's asking me how I'd like to continue but I can't select anything :(

Associate
OP
I've just been and borrowed a relic from a friend (ps2 connector keyboard) and it worked straight away.... lesson learned. Never throw away those ps2 keyboards hahaha.

Anyway, used the CPU upgrade option on the MB bios screen and did the overclocking the easy way, I'll leave the finer details to the experts from now on!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. :)

Soldato
So now we have gotten that out of the way, has anyone got an overclocked 4770k?
What are your overclock specs

I've run mine at 4.5ghz pretty much from new.
It will do 4.8ghz, but requires silly volts (1.4v) to do it stable & TBH those extra 300mhz don't do much in general.

As for overclocking, all I needed to do was set multiplyer to 45 & cpu voltage to 1.26v

Back
Top Bottom