Few bubbles in water loop.

Soldato
I got the PC back from PC today (my previous thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/gpu-water-block-leaked-again.18768555 )

I noticed that the water reservoir was loose and seemed to be dripping liquid. So I tightened it back up and the dripping stopped.

Now I've noticed some bubbles in the system. I can see the bubbles in the tubes and also some smaller bubbles in the reservoir that float to the top.

Will the bubbles work their way out or do I need to do something? I'm a novice when it comes to water cooling loops.

Thanks for any advice guys.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/gpu-water-block-leaked-again.18768555/

Soldato
Bubbles are normal as any air trapped will have moved in transport.

Run your loop with the cap on your res unscrewed and it'll self bleed, you may need to top the fluid back up after.

Soldato
OP
The bubbles seem to have gone now.

I'm just monitoring the water level in the reservoir at the moment. I guess I'm a little hyper-sensitive at the moment about leaks lol. Though this is the 2nd time its come back from repair.

Soldato
OP
The bubbles slowed down. But there is still at least 1 big bubble in the loop between the CPU and the Graphics cards.

The water level is dropping again.

Looks like this is going to have to be another return to OC (This will be its 3rd return).

I want to like water cooling but being a novice I decided to get OC's to do it, so it would take the stress away from me having to balance things. I'm not good with my hands as it is. So far my experience as been stressful.

I'm going to check the level tomorrow morning to see where its dropped to and decide on the next step.

Soldato
OP
I'll take some pictures inside tomorrow morning. Though at the moment apart from that bubble I mentioned there isn't much to show. When I got the PC back from OC the water reservoir was leaking at the bottom. It was nearly pouriing out, as in trickling. I managed to tightened it up and it stopped.

I felt around the other connections for any drips but couldnt find any. I'm not sure what else I can do without tampering in an area I only have limited knowledge of.

--
I've had a look from the outside. There seems to be a big air bubble between the cpu water block and the tube that goes towards the reservoir. That wasn't there this morning.

I'm not sure where that air bubble as come from. Does it sound like a cpu block cracked?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tipping has been a must for me, even when your bubbles disappear from the tubes they could be hiding somewhere else in the loop. And by tipping I mean completely inverting the case and rotating it every way I could.

As bubbles work themselves out of the tubes and radiators the water level in your res will empty out. If possible turning the speed of the pump up and down helps work bubbles out too.

You can sometimes tell if there is a bubble in a rad if you can hear water trickling.

Back
Top Bottom