The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Sem

Sem

Soldato
lol... after bitching about the price early in the thread ive gone and got one of theses :rolleyes:

only because amazon gave me a full refund on my 2 year old RVE :D

must say i am feeling the buyers remorse... hope that changes once i get it in my hands

Soldato
lol... after bitching about the price early in the thread ive gone and got one of theses :rolleyes:

only because amazon gave me a full refund on my 2 year old RVE :D

must say i am feeling the buyers remorse... hope that changes once i get it in my hands

Know the feeling well - I had the same feelings(should not have spent the dough),but once it is built etc I am sure you will enjoy it. This board should also last you quite some time - enjoy.

Mark

Associate
Looks better with waterblocks :)
rcsul.jpg

Associate
Having good results with the latest bios, overclock on my 6800k now stable at .06 lower volts and has cured my bf code on waking from sleep with my 3200mhz dominators (befor this bios waking from sleep at any memory speed would often result in a bf code and fail to wake)

Soldato
Having good results with the latest bios, overclock on my 6800k now stable at .06 lower volts and has cured my bf code on waking from sleep with my 3200mhz dominators (befor this bios waking from sleep at any memory speed would often result in a bf code and fail to wake)

Good news, working fine for me also, but not tried clocking yet on this bios.

Associate
So those that own these boards are you still happy with the performance and features you're getting out of them at this point down the road? Has anyone reverted back to using a discrete soundcard in place of the on board sound or is it still plenty?

Soldato
My current keeper till Q4 refresh.

Dedlidded 6850 @ 4.5

HRdJPRT.jpg

Never experienced that. BF code from sleep is normally memory instability.

Soldato
So those that own these boards are you still happy with the performance and features you're getting out of them at this point down the road? Has anyone reverted back to using a discrete soundcard in place of the on board sound or is it still plenty?

Still very happy with mine, and on board sound is fine for me. Stonking board imho.

Associate
Do guys know if this board will overclock much better than an asus deluxe II? I have a full custom loop and a 6850k which I managed to get to [email protected], or [email protected]. Temps during gaming never go above 50.

After the Ryzen launch, I've managed to find a used 6900k for £700, which I'm upgrading to (managed to sell my CPU for around £500, so only lost around £30 as I bought it before the price hiked last summer), and am now considering if it is worth upgrading to this mobo?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on how much faster Skylake-X will be over broadwell-E? Anyone think the 8-cores will finally be closer to £600-£700?

Associate
Hi guys just to ask I don't have the SB/MOSFET heat pipe cooling solution on my ASUS R5-E10 anymore and would like to ask can you use Air Cooler or AIO without it, is it safe to use, if not do you know where I can get spare parts for the SB/MOSFET heat pipe please.

Thanks

Associate
I finally got my hands of one of these mobos last month (woo hoo) & I am still grinning, mostly
Is it worth the trouble, and I am having trouble, getting the ASUS DAC going
I bought these speakers
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/18527/audioengine-5-premium-powered-speakers-black
plus the S8 sub woofer
Would the on-board audio be good enough?
Should I try & get the ASUS DAC going?
Or buy the D1 DAC from Audioengine?
not a bad 1st post (I think it is) eh :)
Thank you in advance

Associate
i am human, yes..

please one of you owners or ex owners of this mb (rampage v edition 10) tell me (or better show video on youtube) of HOW to removed a gpu (from pcie slot 1). i know, you may be thinking wtf? but this board is a joke. the plastic plug that you're supposed to push down to start the gpu removal is not fully accesdsible in any way. the damn card is covering it. of course i tried just pulling/lifting the gpu up and it won't budge. i do not want to damage anything so i won't use force. that there is so little space between pcie slot 1 and the ram dimms shows this $500+ mb to be a design joke. that space should be 1cm or so. anyway, the space thing is another matter. yes, a real human is asking for help on how to do a most basic thing, that should take seconds and be easy (and which i have done on normal mother boards over the years, many times before) but on this puke board is not. yes, obviously i am angry right now.

just grabbing and pulling on gpu will not lift it. (obvious as the plastic tab is holding it down)
i can not use my finger to push the tab down since i can not access it. the little bit that is visible, i tried using a flat head screwdriver to push down, but it doesn't feel right and feels like i will "push" through. no way i'm this stupid. the gpu is a full sized nvidia one. (ie: 1080, titan etc)

tBZiHSs.png

Last edited:
Associate
Same as most modern Mobos with dual slot GPU's, I carefully use a long thin screwdriver or a pen/pencil to push the lock.

like i said, i kinda tried using a flat head screwdriver. feels like i'd have to push real hard and atm not willing to. if it slips, it would scratch/dmanage board. this is insane. is there a good quality video that shows exactly this happening? i searched YT using many words/phrases and i found nothing. the lack of space is pure insanity. before using more force, i'd like to see others doing just that.

Back
Top Bottom