What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
How so :confused:

I fail to recall a big old demon fella, magic cape or drawing trippy magic symbol thingies in the air.

I must rewatch Inception now.

He's referring to the scenes in Doctor Strange where the city buildings start changing form and folding over themselves which is similar to scenes in Inception. To call Doctor Strange an Inception rehash though because of this similarity is dumb, as both films have nothing else in common.

Permabanned
Brazil

... for what feels like the 6th time this year. Now my favourite movie of all time by a long way. See something new each time I watch it and every aspects of it's design showcases EXACTLY what I love about cinema. Going to get my lady friend to design a tat for me :)

Soldato
I've had a Tolkien weekend. On Saturday I watched all three Lord of the Rings films. Excellent entertainment. Then on Sunday I watched the three Hobbit films. Again, excellent entertainment.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to spending a good couple of nights in Glencoe as I'm not planning on completing the walk in record time or anything, the idea is to take it easy and make sure I take it all in. It's a 3 week holiday so if I have time left afterwards, which I imagine I will, I'll move on to something else, maybe camping somewhere on the coast for a spot of fishing.

If I experience anything potentially 'bigfoot' related I'll let you know :D

The only Bigfoot type incident I've had is a hairy climber stumbling accross the Rannoch Moor half ****** :D

I'm heading for Rannoch from Edinburgh tonight so fingers crossed.

Caporegime
Saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Civil War - Hadn't seen either of them before. Held off as the original Captain America wasn't very good (IMO) but was glad I watched them. 7/10 each, respectively. Good Marvel fun!

Caporegime
He's referring to the scenes in Doctor Strange where the city buildings start changing form and folding over themselves which is similar to scenes in Inception. To call Doctor Strange an Inception rehash though because of this similarity is dumb, as both films have nothing else in common.

I said Inception rehash FX

Not the film...

Soldato
I watched a CG Anime movie called Gantz-O. An adaptation of the TV Series in movie format. The CG was superb and the monsters were weird. Although I hear fans of the original Gantz Anime are not happy with the movie I thought it was pretty good and a decent concept.

Soldato
John Wick 2.

I enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the first. I could watch the first one again anytime yet with the second I'm in no rush.

6/10 overall but 10/10 for head shot goodness!

Soldato
OP
Margin Call - 8/10

I love finance type films, where I would rate The Big Short and Wolf of Wall Street a 9 this gets one lower as its a much lower key look at the 2008 crisis from the inner workings of one company when they discover 'the calculation everything is based on doesn't work'.

Well worth a watch if you're into those kind of films. Big star cast, Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons to name a few.

Man of Honour
Train to Busan
7/10 if you're not into zombie films but 9.5/10 if you are.
Really superb. I think that's the best zombie film I've watched.
Loved it.

Back
Top Bottom