Driving drama

Man of Honour
So on the way home, the inevitable merge in turn point, I let the car infront in as you're meant to, however the german manufacturer driver behind it was almost riding their bumper trying to get ahead of me. I was having none of it so held my ground (their lane was the one that was disappearing) so they eventually had to back out to not be in oncoming traffic.

Victory was achieved. Germany was defeated. However what happened next was what perplexed me the most, and the reason of making this topic. I saw them hold their phone up, taking a picture of the rear of my car and I saw the camera flash.

Now I know no contact was made, and I didn't do anything wrong, so I'm wondering what the purpose of this picture is? What can you actually do with a picture? Can you try to make someones life a misery by reporting a hit and run? Was it to try and get one up on my by checking my car tax? Maybe just a rant on twitter about how this idiot driver didn't let her in?

Enlighten me.

Soldato
Idiots gonna idiot.

A similar thing once happened to my wife, though the other driver didn't get her phone out, but instead one of her boobs and licked her nipple at my wife. Now that REALLY perplexed her!

Soldato
expect to be hit hard and fast by a major, and i mean major, leaflet campaign. and while you're reeling from that they'll follow up with a whist drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre, possibly even some benefit concerts. and if you're not sorry after that then it'll be time for the t shirts.

:p

Associate
It seems to be the usual thing, people just don't seem to get merge in turn, it should work like a zip, and people sitting on another cars bumper to get what, one space? The picture part though I've no idea, I doubt it could be used for anything. (DO NOT USE A MOBILE PHONE WHILST DRIVING) You should have done the same more obviously out of the window!

Man of Honour
It seems to be the usual thing, people just don't seem to get merge in turn, it should work like a zip, and people sitting on another cars bumper to get what, one space? The picture part though I've no idea, I doubt it could be used for anything. (DO NOT USE A MOBILE PHONE WHILST DRIVING) You should have done the same more obviously out of the window!

Seems to me that 90+% of those born between about 1920-1960 have no comprehension of zip merging not sure exactly why/reasons - I've sounded out a fair few people over it since the various threads on here and it is by far the minority who have any idea. Either we need to give up on it totally or have a massive education campaign.

Associate
expect to be hit hard and fast by a major, and i mean major, leaflet campaign. and while you're reeling from that they'll follow up with a whist drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre, possibly even some benefit concerts. and if you're not sorry after that then it'll be time for the t shirts.

I think you should call the campaign "Cars learn intermix together organically remaining indefinitely secure". Or for short .....

Soldato
The photograph will probably form the key basis of an upcoming internet rant on Pistonheads or somewhere, about people "pushing in". No doubt your German friend will be completely oblivious to the fact that he himself is responsible for such behaviour, given his inability to leave his prude at home and leave sensible gaps for merging traffic. Congratulations on your new found fame :)

Man of Honour
OP

I got both an iceland leaflet and a pizza hut voucher leaflet this morning in the post. Is this the first wave??!?

However .. I didn't wake up this morning with a brick through my window or poop through my letterbox so maybe I'm safe :D

Soldato
I really hate the 'shall not pass' lot as well. The other day I'm in a outside lane trying to merge in with a car to my left. I slow down to try get in behind it but they slow down to match my speed. Ok so I speed up to get in front only for them to also speed up to get side by side again. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid mounting the pavement. To be honest they could have just been an awful driver and not a massive knob.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sounds like your car's rear will appear in the local Facebook group devoted to showing the world "bad driving".

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom