Dulux Easycare vs Dulux Travels in Colour paints

Associate
So, I've looked into the ranges of paints Dulux offers.

Is Dulux Easycare actually worth the money compared to Dulux Travels in Colour?

I was after some wipeable paint as this will be my final/top coat for my walls and I guess the 'wipeable' effect helps it endure and last longer?

This is the colour I want specifically:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homeba...r-pearl-grey-matt-emulsion-paint---25l-330473

It states its 'washable' on the specs, whats that even mean? Wipeable?

Last edited:
Soldato
The travels is "flat matt" which you will find is not as easy to clean as easycare, or even your traditional matt or silk. It will also mark much more easily. If you want a durable finish that you can clean easily and wont mark as easily then you'll need to go for easycare or silk.

Not all colours are available in all finishs though and the finish gives a very different look to the room, so its all a bit of a trade off.

Associate
OP
Thats what I was afraid of. I searched most retailers and still can't find that specific colour in Dulux easycare paints. I thought I had a massive ranged of colours to choose from. I guess not.

now to decide on what to go for...

Thanks for your reply

Associate
What room are you planning to use the paint for? If it's a kitchen/bathroom/kids room then I can understand the preference for easycare, but otherwise I'd just get whatever colour/finish that you want.

Associate
OP
What room are you planning to use the paint for? If it's a kitchen/bathroom/kids room then I can understand the preference for easycare, but otherwise I'd just get whatever colour/finish that you want.

I'm decorating my room for the first time and I wanted it to be as perfect as possible. Also long lasting of course which is why I may be over thinking it with the easycare haha. I guess you're right. I will probably decide to go for the paint stated in my first post.

It sucks that I can't have the best of both worlds. :(

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom