*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
ok, so I have negotiated the following deal with Sky after not being very happy with BT. Please tell me I did ok!!

Sky Q 2TB Box
Sky Q Mini Multiroom
Full TV Package with Boxsets, Movies, Sports, Sports HD pack
Fibre Max 80Mb Broadband
Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends + Line Rental

£25 Install Fee
£87 a month

Considering I was paying £50 with BT, and then paying for Now TV vouchers (inc the £33.99 sports one) I don't think it's too bad.

Associate
After 17 years with sky and bills creeping up to £100 a month I asked for a pre leaving offer to match BT , after a while on the phone they could not get close. So for a while we will be trying to watch things via the internet only to see how that goes. BT infinity 1 plus weekend calls and line rental £29 a month, £100 back with quidco. We have a fire Tv and deciding on a freesat box or something else .

Man of Honour
I'm binning mine off as soon as I can, realised how little live TV I watch and football is always on in the local (where I usually watch it anyway). 95% of the stuff I watch is via Plex/Netflix/Prime/Kodi.

Soldato
Dumped mine today, they offered me 40% discount on the same package and I replied "Why didn't you make that offer to me whilst I was a customer instead of increasing the fleecing tax year on year?"

Have wangled a free TiVo 6 box from virgin (I'm one of those lucky people that have an excellent low contention VM connections ;)) with the Full House package for only an extra fiver on top of what I was paying for my broadband and I no longer have to pay the Club Rugby tax as I get BT sport for free with that :). I mostly watch Netflix/Amazon/My Video Library these days anyay so I don't mind paying £5 for the odd program I might watch on the box and the Rugby.

Soldato
sky keep ringing me offering deals im not interested in. they just ran again and asked me why i cancelled. it was 12 months again and i told them then, i've no idea why they need to keep asking me.

the thing is i want to move back to sky but what they offer me is no good. I told the miserable wench on the phone that id get a better deal as a new customer than go back with them over the phone and instead of try to sell the package to me all she could reply with was 'well you wont get a new customer deal because you'll be a returning customer so what i'm offering you is as good as you'll get'. Yeah...we'll see about that.

'So do you want to go through the deals?'

No. No i don't.

Man of Honour
Wooo. That moment when you think you are stuck in a contract till October but they tell you are out of contract and can cancel any time.

Associate
Morning guys....

A work colleague of mine works for Sky and she has given me access to a Sky Complete bundle with Q box for £35s per month for 18 months, Friends and family deal

Does anyone has experience of these friends and family deals? would I be mad not to take it?

ive just moved into a new house and I am currently not a sky customer.

Thanks!

Caporegime
Do you want Sky Q? Can you afford £35 a month? There's your answer.

This question sounds more to me like "i don't need it, probably won't utilise its potential but it's cheap so I need it".

Man of Honour
I took out Sky just over a year ago and upgraded in September or so to Q. I cancelled yesterday and there was meant to be a minimum contract period for the multiroom, however after it went through it wasn't added to my bill, happy with that. Now waiting for the 60% off offer to come through, if it doesn't I'll just send the Q boxes back as I don't use it all that much but still nice to have.

Soldato
Morning guys....

A work colleague of mine works for Sky and she has given me access to a Sky Complete bundle with Q box for £35s per month for 18 months, Friends and family deal

Does anyone has experience of these friends and family deals? would I be mad not to take it?

ive just moved into a new house and I am currently not a sky customer.

Thanks!

One thing to note, if you currently have multiroom and each use your own planners you'll loose that feature as all recordings stay on the main box and unlike Netflix you can't log into a profile to show just your recordings.

Man of Honour
I took out Sky just over a year ago and upgraded in September or so to Q. I cancelled yesterday and there was meant to be a minimum contract period for the multiroom, however after it went through it wasn't added to my bill, happy with that. Now waiting for the 60% off offer to come through, if it doesn't I'll just send the Q boxes back as I don't use it all that much but still nice to have.

Still not showing offers in my account, just that I have to call. I rang and they were useless and couldn't offer anything. I'll try live chat as I think that's how I got the 60%/£100 last time.

Associate
I cancelled Sky TV last night. They offered me 50% off for everything inc 1 multiroom except Sports for £40 (was paying £35 for all channels and multiroom due to a F&F deal). The only issue I had was that the deal was for 10 months only but the contract was for 12 months. Going to see if they call back. If not I will try and survive on Amazon, Netflix and Kodi.

Does anyone know if I can still access basic terrestrial TV through the boxes once my subscription ends? Mainly asking because I don't have an aerial in my house (removed as I built an extension). I would have thought I could get Freesat HD channels via the box?

I tried the webchat just there on behalf of my Dad. Best I was offered was 20% and a hard sell of Sky Q. I take it's better speaking to them on the phone?

Last edited:
Associate
Just got 50% off sky TV (complete package) on a rolling 1 month contract from the online chat 2 weeks after giving notice to cancel.

Man of Honour
This isn't in my offers bit, it's where I go to add bits to my subscriptions.

60% off Sky+ TV for 12 months
We hate goodbyes, so we've got an exclusive offer for you to stay with Sky TV. Get 60% off any Sky+ TV Bundle for 12 months when you sign up for another year. Standard pricing applies thereafter at £22.50 – £80pm.

To claim your offer, select the 'Take your offer' button below. This offer will replace any existing TV offers on your account.

If your current Sky+ TV Bundle isn't right for you, you can use your offer to switch to one of our other TV Bundles. You'll just need to Live Chat with an advisor to do this.

By selecting the 'Take your offer' button below, you agree to the terms and conditions of the offer below and confirm that you are the account holder and authorised to make changes to this account.

Small print.

60% off your monthly Sky+ TV subscription for 12 months: Offer only available on Sky+ Bundles for customer who left Sky in the last month. Sky TV £9 .00- £32.00 pm (normally £22.50-£80pm), Sky Sports (£11.00 extra pm). Sky Cinema (£7.20 extra pm). Sky Sports in HD is not included in the offer and will then be £6pm extra. Sky Cinema customers with Box Sets Bundle will be able to watch 11 Sky Cinema channels and get unlimited access to over 1,000 movies on demand, in stunning HD included within your Sky Cinema subscription. Requires compatible Sky box. Discount does not apply if you change your package. This offer does not include stand-alone Premium Channels. Sky Box Office, Sky Store, pay-per-view services, Multiscreen or the HD Pack. After your 12 month offer ends you will pay the full price for your Sky package £22.50-£80pm. Offer cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer. 12 month contract applies. Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required.

General: 12 month minimum subscriptions. Prices may go up during your contract. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Prices may vary if you live in a flat. Sky+ functionality requires two satellite feeds. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Prices for Direct Debit payments only. Continuous debit/credit card mandate costs 30ppm. UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residential customers only. These offers aren't available with any other offers. Further terms apply. Calls to Sky cost 7ppm plus your provider's access charge. Correct at 21 February 2017.

I cancelled Sports etc before I cancelled the service, so I think I need live chat to get Sports back.

Associate
Looks like my offers were automatically extended until Sept 2018.

Cancelled my TV package but kept Fibre Unlimited, total price inc line rental - £18.99

Will sign back up to Sky TV if I receive a 60 or 75% off offer.

Soldato
I tried the webchat just there on behalf of my Dad. Best I was offered was 20% and a hard sell of Sky Q. I take it's better speaking to them on the phone?

Not really - call their bluff, continue with the cancellation via webchat. You should have a 50% off code within 24hrs. If you're feeling brave wait until closer to your disconnection day and you may well receive a 60% one.

Back
Top Bottom