• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So still a week until actual reviews?

Bit of a shame it's only the 8 core variants being avaliable first, was hoping for some of the 6 core ones to be released at the same time as well.

If I am going to upgrade, it has to be 8 core for me. Then I probably will not need to upgrade for another 5 years. lol :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking to get a 1700, 16GB 3200Mhz and a mobo with 8+ sata ports. Hopefully I will have change from £550.

True, as long as the 1700 can also overclock the same as 1700X then the 1700 will be the one to get.

Even though I got 16GB over 3 years ago for my Haswell, I will get 16GB again as I have never got close to using it and I really do not see why I will need more any time soon.

I wonder if faster RAM will make a difference with Ryzen?

Permabanned
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3172...zen-7-outperforms-intels-best.html#tk.rss_all

The Ryzen 7 1700X isn’t even AMD’s fastest CPU. That’s the Ryzen 7 1800X, which the company showed outscoring Intel’s eight-core CPU with a CineBench score of 1,601. In Handbrake tests Ryzen outpaced Intel’s chips and ran slightly faster in gaming. Add the two latest demonstrations to the previous Blender tests, and all evidence indicates Ryzen will disrupt Intel’s game—at least on multi-threaded tests.

Soldato
Soldato
Imagine how good it would have been if we never tanked our currency.

I don't know, at least with the £/$ exchange rate being so bad, we're not looking to the US with envy as we once did. UK prices would certainly be better if Brexit hadn't happened, but if £/$ was where it was before, you'd be seeing the US price for the 1800X around the £300 mark lol!!

Back
Top Bottom