PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Associate
So I've been making sure the pro works today be playing games all day and all tomorrow too haha. One thing though, I was always under the impression that games had to install first, like on the xbox. But that's 2 games I've tried and they work straight away? I don't even see an option to install.

Soldato
Been playing Shadow Of Mordor, looks a lot better on the Pro then I recall BUT then I had an old but decent 1080p tv back then as well.
Great to hear that. I've got it on the pc but half way through the game I switched to a better gpu (6979 to a R9 290) and ended up with mad microstutter that I could never fix. Managed to still finish the game but wouldnt mind playing it properly... It's cheap on PSN too... If only I wasn't skint lol

V F

V F

Soldato
Been playing Shadow Of Mordor, looks a lot better on the Pro then I recall BUT then I had an old but decent 1080p tv back then as well.

GOTY Edition? I wished the game was a darker setting. Shame The Dark Lord addon wasn't near Mordor with an evil tone. Instead uses the same maps. :/

Soldato
GOTY Edition? I wished the game was a darker setting. Shame The Dark Lord addon wasn't near Mordor with an evil tone. Instead uses the same maps. :/

Yeah got on US sale for $8, couldn't resist. I know it's not that much anyway but was an impulse buy.

Great to hear that. I've got it on the pc but half way through the game I switched to a better gpu (6979 to a R9 290) and ended up with mad microstutter that I could never fix. Managed to still finish the game but wouldnt mind playing it properly... It's cheap on PSN too... If only I wasn't skint lol

Yes I'm quite enjoying it but I'm sure I'm making it difficult for mysef because I don't truly understand the combat mechanics yet.

Soldato
I'm assuming the Pro isn't really worth the upgrade unless you have a 4k HDR+ TV? I can't really justify replacing the main sitting room TV since there is nowt wrong with it (even though it's coming up to being 4 years old).

Soldato
I'm assuming the Pro isn't really worth the upgrade unless you have a 4k HDR+ TV? I can't really justify replacing the main sitting room TV since there is nowt wrong with it (even though it's coming up to being 4 years old).

You still get plenty of benefits even at 1080p. Pro support games either have increased visual effects @ 1080p or render at the high resolution but scale down so it still looks better, not to mention the new Boost mode should improve non-Pro supported games, especially ones that struggled keeping the framerate.

Soldato
I love it when the huge epic fights kick off. Must be hundreds of orcs, sometimes several Captains.

I struggle because I can't finish anyone off in a big group. Not sure if I'm supposed to just press triangle when it appears or turn analogue stick to face attacker as I do it.

I'm sure it will get easier as Kainz said but at the moment a big group is a challenge.

Soldato
Anyone else Pro starting to get a bit noisy ? I have noticed lately mine is ramping the fan a fair bit. I have given it a good clean and hoover but It does seem a bit louder than when new....

V F

V F

Soldato
I struggle because I can't finish anyone off in a big group. Not sure if I'm supposed to just press triangle when it appears or turn analogue stick to face attacker as I do it.

I'm sure it will get easier as Kainz said but at the moment a big group is a challenge.

Just press triangle. The character turns once you press triangle. Soon as you see an Orc lift their arm press triangle. This early on you have to be patient with the battles. Block, hit or double hit then block until you slowly clear them out. No orcs try to hit you at the same time. Which is a shame. It would have been interesting to see the player rolling and blocking as multiple orcs swing at you.

Oh and make sure you get the poison rune. I remember first coming across levelled up captains as he kept killing me with his poisoned weapon. He ended up level 20. Battled hardened and everything. He practically had zero weaknesses. Wished I recorded that big fight I had with him because I got so sick of being killed by him with so little runes so I went on a rage battle to get him. Two captains came walking in while I was battling with him. I was ready to run away at that point but decided to ride it out, battle away and see what happens. Once I killed the other captain some of his fears got exposed making the fight just a little easier. Must have taken 40 - 50 minutes that battle. Honestly didn't think I was going to make it. The 3rd ran for it.

You will likely have a stalker in the game at some point.

Also, don't be scared to run away. The strongholds they just keep coming for you. I think I ended up with another stalker at one point. Some orc cook that was a fast runner. Mean ugly git. He too was level 20 with hardly any weaknesses.

Keep an eye out for the caragors early in your stages as you'll want to run for it once they've spotted you in fights. Roll many times if they do.

The stealth missions were my favourite for the game.

Soldato
Thank you for the above, yes I have the poison rune as it sounded handy! I think my problem is impatience, I see an ork go down, try to do the R2+ whatever to finish him and during the animation I get ******* from behind. So at this stage, as you said I guess I should just focus on blocking. I too enjoy the stealth aspect, mainly because it's one of the few games I can do it on as I generally fail hard.

V F

V F

Soldato
I felt shadow of morder played very similar to arkham asylam. Not sure if its made by the same people.

I thought the same when I played Arkham.

Though I detest the clingy/magnetic physics with some parts in both games. I remember running after a Warchief across the entire map and having to take shortcuts around areas to catchup with him ending up jumping into walls/ledges. Uncharted 4 suffers the same sort of problems.

I'm just not sure if Arkham is that little bit harder? Since some battles you come across lots of goons, goons with electric battons, some shooting you and some trying to knife you while you throw the cape to stun them. In between fighting titans and you get no prompts.

Monolith Productions created Shadow of Mordor.
Rocksteady Studios created Arkham Asylum/City/Knight.
Both published by Warner Bros.

Shadow-of-Mordor-Mimicks-the-Batman-Arkham-Games

Back
Top Bottom