Is this case any good?

Soldato
What makes the cooler ITX only out of interest? Is it how it is mounted/attached to the mobo? As i saw it is compatible with the CPU socket I have, I've emailed OCUK to see if they could somehow do a swap, long shot but there you go...

Due to inexperience of building in smaller cases I am most likely going to go with the Corsair 240 and hopefully either get a swapped cooler or take the bundled one and sell on to make some $$$ back

Anyone got any good recommendations for a 240mm rad to put in the 240? Seems to be a big fluctuation in price for 240mm from around 60-130 quid...

Cheers for the help guys will be clicking the order button soon!

I believe it is how its mounted. It's only designed for ITX and wouldn't work on a bigger board. I doubt OCUK will swap but worth asking.

The Air 240 has quite a limited CPU height clearance, so you are certainly more limited when it comes to air coolers anyway. An AIO would be a good choice, but to be honest it doesn't really matter which you go for. They will all perform broadly the same, so it may come down to which you prefer the look of and which is the quietest. The Kraken X52 or BeQuiet Silent Loop would be solid choices.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info Legend,

I'm definitely looking at an AIO, I got a reply from OCUK, unfortunately it's a freebie from Corsair specifically for this case so they can't change it BUT they said they might be able to do a discounted AIO for an mATX mobo,

It's always nice for things to be quiet, looks like I will go for the BeQuiet, I prefer the black face on the CPU part, looks like I'm almost ready to order!

Soldato
Thanks for the info Legend,

I'm definitely looking at an AIO, I got a reply from OCUK, unfortunately it's a freebie from Corsair specifically for this case so they can't change it BUT they said they might be able to do a discounted AIO for an mATX mobo,

It's always nice for things to be quiet, looks like I will go for the BeQuiet, I prefer the black face on the CPU part, looks like I'm almost ready to order!

I think that's a good choice of AIO, should perform well and low noise. The Pure Wings fans it uses are whisper quiet.

Associate
OP
Great stuff, so currently looking at this now depending on what kid of discount OCUK may give on the AOI,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £291.67
(includes shipping: £11.70)

The PSU should be fine for the case right? Can't see anything obvious that is wrong with it....

Soldato
Great stuff, so currently looking at this now depending on what kid of discount OCUK may give on the AOI,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £291.67
(includes shipping: £11.70)​

The PSU should be fine for the case right? Can't see anything obvious that is wrong with it....

It's not a bad PSU, but you could do better. Any reason why you've chosen that one?

Associate
OP
I went for that PSU as I wanted around 450-500W and modular, do you have any other recommendations?

I didn't want to go any more expensive especially putting a CPU cooler in there as well, OCUK said they could do it for 105 with free shipping,

Would be looking to put a 1060 in there and I know they are low power but would rather not be pushing a PSU too much hence going for a 500W

Associate
OP
If you have any recommendations Ace Modder would be happy to hear them, there doesn't seem to be too much choice on OCUK mATX wise

Thanks for the info Legend, it's not really a case of stretching the money just kind of have to put a limit on it somewhere, already nearly 300 for what was suppose to be a small case upgrade/downsize haha

Soldato
You may want to check out the Cooltek W2 a bit closer. It's actually an ATX case, but the dimensions are very close to the Air 240... 260x320x397 vs 278x385x395 (WxHxD mm). I had one myself and it's an excellent case, definitely superior quality to the Air 240, but still meets the compact requirements. Plus gives you more options in the future if you ever went ATX. It comes in black or silver.

Soldato
What I have in my signature but going to change the PSU to a lower power one, use an AOI cooler instead of heatsink/fan and then maybe in time change the GPU to a 1060

Why are you going with an AIO over air? Purely for aeshetics and space? Have you settled on a case?

Associate
OP
Yep purely for those two reasons, I'm not keen on a big fan cooler, I think I'm going to go for the Corsair 240, the W2 looks great but think it may just be a bit too expensive...

Back
Top Bottom