Razer Deathadder double clicking.

Soldato
hi everyone hope your all well.

So I was playing a tower defence game I like (free but bought it on steam to support devs) and I thought that the steam version was poorly developed and buggy.

For example when I press the fast forward button it sometimes would instantly turn it off again.

However now in windows I'm noticing odd behaviour similar to in game.

Sometimes pressing the windows icon it will open explorer and close it again and when going through folders it's sometimes opening folders within the one I opened and often files too.

Getting really irritating so I was looking for some help.

Is the mouse borked? If so are there any good recommendations for mice that are not from razer/Logitech preferably with a on the fly DPI button.

Associate
I had 2 deathadders do this, its a common fault and the reason I stopped buying Razer products.....

You could try buying some pads (very cheap on the bay, £1-2) and taking the mouse apart to clean it but the double click fault was common with the original deathadder, not sure what version you have or even if its a fault that occurs on the newer models.

Soldato
OP
Yeah ive been looking a bit more into it and seems very common with the razer products. As per my OP i won't be buying any mice from them again as this ones been awful. The mouse wheel rubber came off within 2 days the side grips ( rubber pads ) came off even earlier. Now this hardware issue.

My Rat 7 worked so much better but died after several years use. Might get one of those pro X if they are well reviewed.

Associate
Yeah ive been looking a bit more into it and seems very common with the razer products. As per my OP i won't be buying any mice from them again as this ones been awful. The mouse wheel rubber came off within 2 days the side grips ( rubber pads ) came off even earlier. Now this hardware issue.

My Rat 7 worked so much better but died after several years use. Might get one of those pro X if they are well reviewed.

I had multiple (3 i think) Deathadders, 2 copperheads and another early model, every single one of them seemed to shed its rubbery skin after a few weeks/months and the scroll wheels are just awful, they feel fantastic to use as they are huge but the meterial gets all sticky and dirty.

Had an Logitech MX500, MX518, G1 and 2 MX1000 all of which are working perfectly and look basically brand new except a little paint wear. I dont understand how Razer is still in business as I see complaints all the damn time about their products failing. Would never purchase anything by them again after the awful customer service they showed me.

Soldato
OP
I won't personally get Logitech products as ive seen my friends box of dead parts from Logitech. He had 5 mice die on him in one year from them. Why he still buys them i don't know but not a chance il even entertain the thought.

I will put up with it for now and see where i am in a few weeks if it gets worse/better il consider buying a new mouse. And proceeding to send this one off with a thermite burial as my last mouse received.

Soldato
My DA Chroma has been doing this for the past fortnight, very irritating. Until that point it has been great (just over 2 years of constant use).
Its now out of warranty though and I won't buy Razor again. (mouse mat still works though ;) )

Edit: Just checked and the price is now £85 !!! Got mine for £55 way back when.... insanely overpriced for what it is now. Couldn't recommend them even if it still worked correctly.

Soldato
The double click issue effects every mouse that uses the normal plate style switches. Some are worse than others, and the omron d2fc-f-7n is frequently the culprit - due to their incredible popularity. You can't really judge razer, logitech, steelseries or the numerous other manufacturers on this.

The fix is simple if and only costs a couple of quid. I wrote a guide on how here

uZi

uZi

Associate
I had the double click issue within the 2 year warranty - Razer sent me a replacement which I use now. If you're within the 2 years (can type in the serial number on their support site), then just do that. Their customer service has always been good for me.

If you're outside the warranty: I also had an original Deathadder (1800 dpi version) and a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 from a long time ago which also had developed the issue (all using the D2FC-F-7N Omrom switches). I bought a pack of 6 for about £1 from china and switched them out in both mice - both working perfectly again now. I'd say it's a ~15 minute job although you'll need a solder sucker to make it easier.

I also had the same happen with a logitech mx518, although I didnt bothered to fix that one. Tbh it's not specific to Razer products, although they do seem to crop up as having the problems more often.

Don
Mine did this after about 5 years, I opened it up and cleaned it, then it worked perfectly for another 3 years.

When it played up with the other button, I bought a new DA Chroma :)

Back
Top Bottom