• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Any buyers should wait for Intel price drops before diving in feet first, Intel could in terms of pricing position 6800K against Ryzen quad core, 6850K against hex, 6900K against 1700X and and 6950X against the 1800X. I doubt they they will but there's the possibility.

7700K doesn't necessarily have to change since AMD have no competing APU's yet.
would u recommend the 1700x over the 7700k, im building a new system, this is my main obstacle, those are my two choices...

Associate
Any buyers should wait for Intel price drops before diving in feet first, Intel could in terms of pricing position 6800K against Ryzen quad core, 6850K against hex, 6900K against 1700X and and 6950X against the 1800X. I doubt they they will but there's the possibility.

No thanks, just knowing that they sat there making huge margins and having us pay through the nose for CPU's because they had no competition would put me off big time. Yeah it will be great for us if Intel do drop prices but for me if they do start dropping prices it will show me their company ethics... rip people off whilst they can...

Associate

Ahhh Wait and wait and wait and new chips come out wait then another chip might be better so wait again ......welcome to tight computing

Caporegime

AMD are getting my money regardless....for once some mighty decent tech that's not priced to take the urine.

Intel can do one if they drop their prices....they have been fleecing us for years....

In fact I'm thinking if a whole new overhaul

New Ryzen rig, sell my x34 and go vega...

Soldato

Please tell me when intel have ever dropped the price of a cpu in response to a competitor being released? its ok I`ll wait as long as you think you need.

Associate
The cynical in me would say 8pack is simply to trying to sell his pre overclocked high end intel machines on behalf of his employer - which they might have a stack on 7700k cpu`s available for....
sur
Please tell me when intel have ever dropped the price of a cpu in response to a competitor being released? its ok I`ll wait as long as you think you need.
when was the last time they had a competitor worthy of dropping prices for...

Associate
I'm actually gutted that there's only one NIC on the msi titanium board. I thought at that price there would be two. Its looking like I might have to grab that Aorus gaming something or other instead :(

I'm waiting for full reviews and benchmarks before spending anything though. If that 1700 over clocks well then there's no point in me going for anything higher up the stack. Roll on the 2nd!

Back
Top Bottom