• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ryzen could potentially give AMD the brand boost it needs and have a knock on effect in the Gpu market. Vega needs to be good in order for it to sell full stop but with AMD's brand about to take an uprise this could definitely help.

Man of Honour
Id love to see where you get those numbers, on the same merits the GTX 970 has probably sold more than the 1080, 1070, 1060 combined :/

Problem is there isn't one conclusive source for those figures - you can find the odd survey (Steam, MS developer data, etc.), occasionally vendors release some of their sales data, etc. but getting an accurate overall figure is a different story. I work in the supply side of retail and have some access to figures for GPUs shipped relevant to what we do but it might not be accurate to the bigger picture - I think some would find the data I do have somewhat surprising to their instinctive perspective though i.e. in the past the x60 card and x70 card sales proportions were completely the other way around to the 970 v 960 but the 960 does have some difference in terms of the state of things when it entered the market, etc. compared to the traditional story.

The 970 has sold ridiculously though.

Soldato
as i've said, bang on time for April , although dont know which one is being released :(
Shouldnt be a limited stock issue like Pascal was
also think i'll be Nvidia hitting March themselves for the Ti, vendors to follow when ever they can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom