"Found" footage style movies...

Associate
Pretty chuffed to have this randomly appear in the post a couple of weeks back, made my day! :)

pc6hvx6.jpg

I wasn't a huge fan of the film when I saw it at the end of last year but there was one section in particular that was rather creepy and I'll give it another watch to see if I get anything more from it.

I see earlier on in the thread that someone wasn't a fan of Lake Mungo....I found it to be a brilliant watch, a great slow-burn ghost story.

I'm glad I found this thread as well because there are a few movies I've meant to see over the years that I'd forgotten about, like Poughkeepsie.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did you win a competition for it?

It's funny because we actually do distribution for Momentum at work and the client exec couldn't even get me an actual VHS copy of this movie.

Really jealous right now :D

Soldato
Did you win a competition for it?

It's funny because we actually do distribution for Momentum at work and the client exec couldn't even get me an actual VHS copy of this movie.

Really jealous right now :D

They were giving them away at the "Cellar Rentals" promo screening, which was open for public ticket purchases. Took place in London about a month or so ago.

Associate
I've gone back through stuff and found it was a competition I must've won; Bloody Disgusting had a competition on where they had three to give away which I believe I entered simply by giving my address via email which I must've been one of those lucky enough to win.

I absolutely love collector's items so by no means is it wasted on me! :D got #216 of either 300 or 350 depending on where you read.

I missed out on the chance to win one a couple of months prior as well, as Grimm up North do preview screenings as well as giveaways - I missed the VHS one where they were giving some of these out, but managed to get a Maniac poster from the screening last week :p

Associate
I'm not searching through all the previous posts but The Dyatlov Pass Incident (2013) and Grave Encounters (2011) would count.
They may however have already been mentioned.

Edit: Just checked and they've both been mentioned.

Associate

This pretty cool,seen a lot of this genre of flicks and this was one one always stuck in my mind a true niche pick

The only one that truly made me feel dread,has pure horror and anguish in a scene with zero gore IMO great stuff

Soldato
OP
Holy thread revival, forgot I started this.

Still love FF but hasn't been much good recently...As Above, So Below probably the standout movie in the last few years.

Soldato
Holy necropost, Batman!

Thought The Poughkeepsie Tapes was fairly average myself, though I seem to be in the minority.

OP, if you're still looking for found footage movies, I recently saw Willow Creek and Exists as a found footage sasquatch double bill. The latter is from the guys behind BWP, and given how they cited 70s bigfoot flick The Legend of Boggy Creek as one of their "cinematic" influences, I had high hopes for it. Turns out it was rather poo, imo. Much better was Willow Creek, which if you can get by some annoying acting and the occasional cliché, is actually far more effective at building the tension. I love the irony that it succeeds at being a better bigfoot movie than the one from the Blair Witch guys, largely because it mimics a lot of the good things about BWP! Oh, and it's directed by Bobcat Goldthwait... So there's that.

Back
Top Bottom