Storm Doris

Soldato
Lost my fence :/

It's been falling down for months due to a rotting post, but I'd strapped a rope to it to hold it until I could be bothered to fix it properly. Hand has been forced now though, I doubt my neighbour will be keen on a communal garden. So that's my weekend sorted :/

Suspended
Who has been affected by it so far? My wife has texted me saying that our complete fence is down. Iv been meaning to replace it this year as it was starting to rot, but i just don't have the spare cash at the mo. Hey ho...

Our 15ft wide trampoline was blown half over the 2m boundary fence. Quite some feet given the size and weight.

Soldato
Is this proof of an afterlife? Because the only thing I can think of for a storm named Doris is Malc (4T5) stumbling across the weather control office whilst on an ambrosia bender.

I think it could be. Such a shame about Malc (4T5), so sudden and such a loss. RIP mate.

My bins where where I left them :p

Soldato
This storm Doris which the BBC weather advised us would be akin to Armageddon has proved thoroughly disappointing so far up here in Edinburgh with little more than a bit of wind and rain.
I was so looking forward to taking my cat Millie for her early morning walk in virgin snow but instead all I got was rain which she will not go out in.
Even the BBC's weather maps behind the presenters showed a vast white cloud over Edinburgh yet not a flake was seen.
A sad day indeed.

Associate
Driving in to work was a test Yesterday along the A421 between Bedford and MK, everybody fighting to stay on the road as it is quite exposed in places. At work some scaffolding came down but luckily no one was hurt. Getting back home Yesterday nothing major just a huge heavy pot plant managed to move from near the garage to the front of the house and the BBQ cover managed to find its way to a neighbors garden.

Soldato
Returned home to have to get the chainsaw out as it took out one of my trees and blocked the main road through the village, and I wasn't in the worst affected part of the country.

IMG_0981.jpg

I now have a view of my neighbours I didn't have yesterday

IMG_0979.jpg

Associate
Sad times in this household :(

That roof kept the plants lovely and dry, maybe they'll survive longer than a few months now.

20170224_161559_zpsro0difah.jpg

Back
Top Bottom