Toyo

Suspended
Our XC90 was in at our local Volvo independent yesterday for an annual service and a few other jobs. He mentioned the front tyres need changing (we got an advisory on the MOT a few weeks ago) and suggested the Toyo brand.

We have always used Hankook Dyna Pro tyres since we have owned it, but he said Toyo are well regarded. I know nothing about that brand, what do you guys think?

Man of Honour
They are average at best and recommended by tyre places presumably because the margin on them is pretty good.

You can do much better, though its probably going to depend on the specific model of tyre. Some Toyo tyres are better than others.

Man of Honour
From a quick look it seems you can get a Continental CrossContact for about 15 quid a tyre more. I'd be more inclined to head that way.

That said what sort of tyre do you want, the Hankook DynaPro looks to be a ********* marked winter tyre which the Toyo and the Conti are not.

Suspended
OP
The Dyna Pros have been excellent; hard wearing, not much road noise and some utility if we get a snow fall. But as you say, wet performance is probably more important given how infrequently we have snow. So I guess I am looking for minimal road noise, excellent wet performance and assured braking performance. Really happy to look at the Contis if they are going to improve what we have.

Back
Top Bottom