SSD Spare Blocks

Associate
My SSD program is telling me I have an issue with "Spare Blocks" and recommends I get a new drive. I've Googled it but nowhere is telling succinctly what exactly is wrong. It's also not entirely convincing that the only SDD health app which is telling me something is wrong is a manufacturer's one. Any ideas?

lMApONk.jpg

Associate
All it's stating is that it doesn't have any blocks spare (probably to replace failed blocks), but considering the reading above it shows a value of 1.94% it means the health of the SSD is at about 98% which should be fine and that software is jumping the gun regarding replacing the drive (although try a manual TRIM on the drive as it might improve things).

Associate
OP
Just tried a manual TRIM and it's stayed the same. I know very little of drive things so I've put 2 images up. Is that what you're looking for?

ScrG3AL.jpg

iC8RToF.jpg

Associate
SMART data is smart data all programs should report the same values, gb write and read are total nonsense, back up your data/take an image. Looks like your drive has 3 yr warranty, get onto retailler or sandisk to replace if still in warranty

Associate
OP
GO2EscU.jpg

The drive is out of warranty by about 10 months. I sure it's just a coincidence that SanDisk are telling me to buy a new one.

Soldato
Too many writes so you are left without any spare blocks. What OS were you using it with?
The OP has filled the drive about 45 times (11580 / 256GB) - I thought the memory for even low end SSD memory was good for about 10,000 write cycles? 2,500TB should be closer to the point of failure.

Permabanned
The OP has filled the drive about 45 times (11580 / 256GB) - I thought the memory for even low end SSD memory was good for about 10,000 write cycles? 2,500TB should be closer to the point of failure.

The writes wouldn't be in all 256GB of the SSD as there will be static files/docs occupying some of the space. Did the drive have a recovery partition?

Back
Top Bottom