** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
doubt it as its still the best for gaming when tied with 1080/1080ti imo!

i have one (x34) from first batch last december and its flawless.. very minimal BLB no dead pixels 100hz etc

had it turned on every day since as i never turn my pc off and its made gaming a lot more fun!

Associate
well i ened up taking my panel back today the bleed was one thing but noticed the panel had marks on it also. The build on these things is rubbish the top bezel on 3 models i looked at today were all wobbly.

Anyhow no coil whine new panel hits 100hz but at 100hz i have scan lines top half of screen very faintly , blb bleed minimal (better then last panel) and glow usual.

I thought scan scan lines were supposed to be on lower hz ie 30 50 area :/

Last edited:
Associate
well returned the 2nd acer i owned checked another today in store and the bq is roughly the same on all wobbly top bezel (doesnt sit flat) , marks bezel.

I returned it because of a 50 mm faint hortizontal black line on screen roughly just above crosshair (middle of screen), i think this is to do with the packaging the poly that they use on front panel.

Anyhow swapped to asus pg34 builds better , miss the led lights but same stuff overall minimal blb minimal scan lines no coil whine 100hz out the box fine.

Associate
I've had mine a year now, still love it and have no problems at all. Do you think we will get a firmware update to add HDR? I don't know if it would be possible but I know that some 4K TVs from 2015 received firmware updates to add the feature

Caporegime
I've had mine a year now, still love it and have no problems at all. Do you think we will get a firmware update to add HDR? I don't know if it would be possible but I know that some 4K TVs from 2015 received firmware updates to add the feature
HDR is not possible on this monitor or any current monitor. No monitor meets the current requirements.

Associate
Apologies for the necro, I am hoping that some existing XR341 (Freesync) owners are still subbed to this thread. Has anyone run the XR341 with an Nvidia card? I am trying to decide whether to upgrade my 390X with a 1080 or wait for the custom Vega 64 cards and am currently favouring the 1080 route. But when the XR341 was reviewed frame-skipping was noted above 60hz with Nvidia cards, which is concerning. I've done much googling and can't find any (recent-ish) user reports of this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apologies for the necro, I am hoping that some existing XR341 (Freesync) owners are still subbed to this thread. Has anyone run the XR341 with an Nvidia card? I am trying to decide whether to upgrade my 390X with a 1080 or wait for the custom Vega 64 cards and am currently favouring the 1080 route. But when the XR341 was reviewed frame-skipping was noted above 60hz with Nvidia cards, which is concerning. I've done much googling and can't find any (recent-ish) user reports of this.

I didn't do too much testing because the initial impression totally put me off on certain games, but I was running a Fury X on the XR34 since the monitor released so I was pretty accustomed to how the screen feels with AMD - sold my Fury X and moved to a temporary 1070 for the month or 2 leading up to RX Vega and games most DEFINITELY ran less smooth - to the point where I outright refused to play Rocket League or Tekken until Vega. Some games, like PUBG, seemingly suffered less from the stuttering (though it still wasn't as smooth as running on the AMD cards) for some reason - I can only assume because the frame rate was sufficiently low enough to not encounter the issue. As I said though, I didn't really test too much - I just saw horrible stuttering and avoided most gaming for a while :p

Caporegime

Wait for the Vega64 AiB designs m8, I think the 75Hz+Freesync benefit will be worth it. Personally I think a Vega56 Reference would be worth a go, as once tweaked and undervolted they don't run loud from what I gather :)

Associate
Thanks for both replies. I've now managed to find a couple of people saying they had no frame-skipping, but I've also found a couple of people saying they did have it, so perhaps it depends on monitor revision or something user-specific. I've tried one game so far (Elite Dangerous) at 75Hz with Freesync turned off and there was no frame-skipping or stuttering (I know it's not a perfect test but still). I might chance it, can always return the 1080 if there is a problem. To be clear, the primary reason for going the 1080 route is to do with temperatures. I'm fed up with my 390X turning my room into a sauna and I don't believe the custom Vega cards will be any better. I may wait until reviews of the ASUS custom cards are out (but with recent news it's not looking good), though I'd want a LC edition which are probably months away (I'm done with waiting) and based on current prices of the reference cards will be £700-800 minimum, which is just silly.

Soldato
Thanks for both replies. I've now managed to find a couple of people saying they had no frame-skipping, but I've also found a couple of people saying they did have it, so perhaps it depends on monitor revision or something user-specific. I've tried one game so far (Elite Dangerous) at 75Hz with Freesync turned off and there was no frame-skipping or stuttering (I know it's not a perfect test but still). I might chance it, can always return the 1080 if there is a problem. To be clear, the primary reason for going the 1080 route is to do with temperatures. I'm fed up with my 390X turning my room into a sauna and I don't believe the custom Vega cards will be any better. I may wait until reviews of the ASUS custom cards are out (but with recent news it's not looking good), though I'd want a LC edition which are probably months away (I'm done with waiting) and based on current prices of the reference cards will be £700-800 minimum, which is just silly.
i run a vega 56 undervolted and overclocked and temps are not to bad, up to you but the 56 will do a decent job running your xr34, if i remember right your freesync range is 35-75 and the 56 will have no problem with that

Soldato
Bit late to the party, but picked up an X34a yesterday. My it's a great monitor.
Picture is crisp & vibrant, additional desktop space is nice & build quality is good.

Just got to find some nice 3440x1440 desktops now.

Back
Top Bottom