*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
we need to create a group of 5 man teams.

As my MMR has dropped playing solo this has become more and more common. 5 individuals, no team play much abuse.

I even get moaned at for picking support last. The only reason i wait is because i try and pick to support the inevitable 4 carries i will have on my team ...

Soldato
It happens, the matchmaker lately has been giving me weird games where I will be in a relevantly high skill team and the enemy team will have a max mmr of say 2k and our lowest will be 4k.

That or the opposite happens once in every 10 or so games but its really unfair for people on the affected side.

This is only in normal however.

Associate

As my MMR has dropped playing solo this has become more and more common. 5 individuals, no team play much abuse.

I even get moaned at for picking support last. The only reason i wait is because i try and pick to support the inevitable 4 carries i will have on my team ...

No one here has ever asked me for an add.

I can play any position although I am mostly a mid player when given a choice.

I would be up for trying it again in a team where I know I won't be getting abuse from 12 year olds

Soldato
It happens, the matchmaker lately has been giving me weird games where I will be in a relevantly high skill team and the enemy team will have a max mmr of say 2k and our lowest will be 4k.

That or the opposite happens once in every 10 or so games but its really unfair for people on the affected side.

This is only in normal however.

Yeah I've noticed it's a bit wonky at the moment with some real weird match ups.

Soldato

You would be surprised, even in the 6-7k mmr games I've played there are still trolls and bad players. A little less common yeah but it exists,

Soldato
You would be surprised, even in the 6-7k mmr games I've played there are still trolls and bad players. A little less common yeah but it exists,

How are you in 6-7k MMR average games? You got an alt account? The one you posted the other day is showing "normal" skill level games being played.

The match making is completely broken at the moment. They need to remove unranked solo/party and ranked solo/party and just make a single MMR.

I played battlecup 2 weeks ago with the enemy mid player 1.2k party MMR ane 5.2k Solo MMR. Thanks Volvo.

And yea New1ts is pretty much spot on. The game at the moment is, 5 man after the laneing stage and just over power your opponent. Make sure you run more cores to guarantee the late game if it gets there.

Associate
I seem to go through phases with dota as well, sometimes you go on massive winning streaks, where you roll teams with nice players and people pick sensibly, everything is great. Then you get the losing streaks where I get 6-7 loses in a row, complete with negative teammates, everybody picking cores and generally being ****s to each other, only to find out at the end of the game the enemy team was a 5 stack with 3 times the average number of hours, so you probably stood very little chance anyway.

I find the current meta is very snowbally, whereby if one team can score a few kills in the early game, they really snowball out of control and you find games being won or lost very quickly (well under 30 mins) unless the losing team has extremely strong counters, which isn't always possible when you play single or random draft.

Soldato
I seem to go through phases with dota as well, sometimes you go on massive winning streaks, where you roll teams with nice players and people pick sensibly, everything is great. Then you get the losing streaks where I get 6-7 loses in a row, complete with negative teammates, everybody picking cores and generally being ****s to each other, only to find out at the end of the game the enemy team was a 5 stack with 3 times the average number of hours, so you probably stood very little chance anyway.

I find the current meta is very snowbally, whereby if one team can score a few kills in the early game, they really snowball out of control and you find games being won or lost very quickly (well under 30 mins) unless the losing team has extremely strong counters, which isn't always possible when you play single or random draft.

This is what I find most frustrating at the moment as after the brilliant patch (I still can't remember the number) which eliminated that ******** its seemingly slipped back into bad old snowbally, over in 30 minute games which is just boring.

I love the hour plus, on a knife edge games irrespective of winning and, whilst still playing, I'm finding the slide backward tedious to say the least.

Soldato
How are you in 6-7k MMR average games? You got an alt account? The one you posted the other day is showing "normal" skill level games being played.

The match making is completely broken at the moment. They need to remove unranked solo/party and ranked solo/party and just make a single MMR.

I played battlecup 2 weeks ago with the enemy mid player 1.2k party MMR ane 5.2k Solo MMR. Thanks Volvo.

And yea New1ts is pretty much spot on. The game at the moment is, 5 man after the laneing stage and just over power your opponent. Make sure you run more cores to guarantee the late game if it gets there.

Its not that account Cold, most of my friends I play with are between 5-7k. The skill level at that bracket is really night and day however my point was that there are still trolls like there are at lower brackets.

You will find a lot of account buyers between 4.5k to 6k aswell.

Caporegime
Indeed, trolls and ragers at every skill level. Even in the high mmr pub games you see streamers play. Pointless trying to up your mmr to get 'better' games, there is humanity at every level.

Soldato
Indeed, trolls and ragers at every skill level. Even in the high mmr pub games you see streamers play. Pointless trying to up your mmr to get 'better' games, there is humanity at every level.

Precisely adding to that not everyone is going to be 4k plus let alone 5k mmr and above. Play a ranked game or two every few days and just play normal otherwise, slowly improve and invest time into ranked slowly.

It is very easy to get tilted if you have a number in your head you are trying to achieve only to be knocked back 100 mmr and not notice mistakes you might have made. Don't get me wrong there are always trolls always bad players but there are many people who have calibrated at 700 or so mmr and climbed to 3-5k. Just proves it can be done regardless.

Either way, I say getting to between 3.5k and 4.5k and just leaving it at that and playing normal will be much better than trying to get to like 5k like so many people do.

4k to 5k is once of the most toxic brackets you will see XD!!

Soldato
Happy to add anyone 3.5k MMR, I'd much rather play with people I know, if we lose it's because the other team were better not because the whole team picked carries, never played as a team and after first blood flamed all game.

Dota really is the best and the worst game lol.

Soldato
I'm on a bit of a losing streak. Went from 2.95k Mmr to about 2.6k in a matter of days. Quite annoying.

Had so many toxic players in games lately. One last picked slark vs a bloodseeker and slardar then proceeded to die 13 times in 20 minutes. Today I had an AA in Lane with me. He competed for my last hits (I was doom) then didn't buy one ward the entire game.

I definitely need a decent 5 man stack of dependable people to game with.

Soldato
Had a fantastic game playing SK with Ogre, Undying, Lock and LS (who when we got in game declared it was his first ever game as LS) against Lich, DK, OD, Doom & Veno.

I honestly thought we were screwed with no real carry bar a new player but the 4 of us played brilliantly (LS ticked over) and just team fought really, really well and mangaged to win really handily in the end after about 45mins. They were mostly nerd raging by the end after racing into an early lead then just getting routinely smashed in every team fight after that.

Back
Top Bottom