• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
I might just reuse my Noctua NH-D14 if I do upgrade. Should do a stellar job?

Is there a big performance difference between the 14 and the 15?

Would you spend the £75 on a new Noctua NH-D15 when you already have a 14?

I plan on using my NH-D14 if I upgrade to Ryzen (already bought the AM4 bracket from the rainforest just in case as I didn't want to wait a couple of weeks after purchase for the free upgrade)

I would absolutely not spend £75 on an NH-D15 as the difference will be negligible.

Caporegime
Just noticed on an American retailers website they have the Crosshair listed as having a release date of 09/03/2017 and the Carbon as 07/03/2017. Also noticed another UK supplier with an ETA of 08/03 for the TaiChi

I'm seeing anything ranging from In Stock and shipping on the 2nd to the 10th as far as stock for the board I've ordered

Keep in mind multiple orders come in, most places aren't big enough to store 2000 of a specific motherboard nor would they sell them in a few days. SO you might make several orders for a total of 2000 boards. The first batch is only 200, when they are sold the eta for stock switches to when the next batch is due. I'm fairly sure OCUK's system works like that, so do many other sites. They are giving a person who is placing a new order an idea of when their order will get delivered, not yours.

Anyway, all the leaks are pointing to decent enough overclocking and great memory support..... despite some people pushing the idea you must by the most expensive board to get any kind of memory overclocking at all.

I said in the other thread, I'll say again, it's a new platform and these kinds of things happen with EVERY new platform I've ever experienced. Making statements and pushing customers to the most expensive board before even close to final shipping bioses are ready for most boards, but when it's near certain to get a bunch of bios updates within a week, is a little naughty imo.

How many people currently have a pre-order for a £250 mobo because they were scared other boards and manufacturers wouldn't break 2666Mhz on memory because frankly, they were directly led to believe so?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, looks like I went ahead and ordered:

NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red - £75 (OCuk)
Ryzen 1700
G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 2666
Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5
NZXT Kraken X62

Spreading the love...

Just need to sell my 4770k now!

(Sorry MODS, my bad for not following the rules)

Please do not mention competitors or their pricing

Last edited:
Soldato
You probably want to remove the mention of OCUK competitors to that post before you get warned or something. But apart from that, pretty much a similar build to me.

Back
Top Bottom