Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
Only got chance to play for an hour but really impressed. Looks absolutely stunning on the Pro. The level of detail in the world is amazing!

Soldato
Pretty good so far, few annoyances;

- The sounds coming through the pad
- The story takes far too long to get going

Games looks spectacular though, and runs smooth as silk.

Probably my biggest gripes too.

Must've spent about 2 hours going through some forced scenes to be finally let loose in the world. That's ok though, I understand that they needed to set the story and scene and now it's up to me to do what I want (presumably).

I also didn't like being forced into the 2-3 big battle scenes before I was completely comfortable with the UI and control scheme. Didn't really know what I was doing and just dived around 90% of the time.

Anyway, that's minors. I'm finally at the point where I can run around the world, sight-see and do a bit of exploring at my own pace.

V F

V F

Soldato
Turn your controller sound down. That's what I did as there is unbelievably no option to turn it off. Lol. :rolleyes:

Fantastic so far though. Love the little details ! Like, how young aloy sort of skips to a jog/run. Etc

You went into PS4 Settings, Devices, Controllers and turned it down to zero?

jpm

jpm

Associate
OMG what a game!

Utterly drawn in by the cut scenes (the animations are incredible) and overall atmosphere of world that has been created. I had to force myself to stop playing due to the need to actually sleep but can't wait to get back on it tomorrow evening.
Same with me after, I had to force myself to turn it off :D I got drawn in doing side quests and other stuff, really enjoying this game.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hunting the Sawtooth was tense but managed it. Then upon heading back to daddy, I run into a heap of lazer firing Scrappers...and then it starts pelting it down with rain! :o

That was quite fun but not as fun what was further up in the story. Felt like Mad Max action. Let alone the other brutal battle. That thing was crazy.

Still wish the AI was smarter on very difficult.

That was a rather interesting challenge. As they kept coming.

Last edited:
Soldato
You went into PS4 Settings, Devices, Controllers and turned it down to zero?

Aye ! Well.. I held down the PS button. Went to sound and devices. And turned it down from there. I think I left my controller sound on three or four notches ! Bit silly they left the option out tbh :p

Edit. When I first heard sound come out of the controller the volume was on full whack. I nearly crapped myself :D lol

Soldato
I'm quite far in I think, must have put 10hrs + in yesterday.

Can't wait to get back on after work tonight. The combat is cool, love it when I figure out how to actually take down a machine quickly, just stand there examining new machines trying formulate a plan.

Associate
Bah I really want to play this after reading all the comments, but I just got 3 new games in the PSN sale, and Fallout 4 to finish first, plus the parents are visiting this weekend so I don't get to play anything. Bugger!

Caporegime
Turn your controller sound down. That's what I did as there is unbelievably no option to turn it off. Lol. :rolleyes:

Fantastic so far though. Love the little details ! Like, how young aloy sort of skips to a jog/run. Etc

Cool, cheers, its just annoying having sound coming from a different location than the TV (At least it is to me!).

Soldato
Cool, cheers, its just annoying having sound coming from a different location than the TV (At least it is to me!).

No worries ! Literally half ten last night, an almost silent room, "press r3 to use your scanner.." ok cool! this sharp, loud bionic chirp comes from the controller. :D I wasn't impressed.

Associate
Had a good two hour session of Horizon last night, really enjoying the theme and gameplay so far.
I feel like the game could do with a cool down timer on the dodge roll (or just add stamina in general), it seems a bit too easy when you can constantly roll to avoid ever being hit.

Back
Top Bottom