Check engine light - Mk6.5 Fiesta ST

Soldato
on the way to work this morning I stopped of at Tesco to get a few bits for lunch and breakfast. When I jumped back in the car to leave Tesco car park my engine light came on, couldn't get much power from it but it still drove and accelerated. So pulled up a bit further down the car park restarted the engine and it went.

Now iirc fords of this era (57 plate) have an issue where occasionally the engine just wouldn't pick up the lambda sensor so I'm guessing it's this but anyone else got any other ideas for what it could be for it to have gone away after a restart?

Someone at work is bringing in there laptop to get the code and fault off for me tomorrow as it should hold the code for around 16 starts I believe.

Soldato
Best to read the code, could be anything, but you can get good OBDII readers off ebay for a tenner, handy to chuck in the glovebox for moments like these :)

Absolutely this. The girlfriend's mk6 had an EML for a while for catalyst efficiency, then the coil pack died a few weeks later. New plugs and coils and it's been fine since :)

Soldato
My 2007 has done this twice, accompanied with a pretty bad noise that sounded a bit like it was not firing on all cylinders. It was indeed the lambda sensor not quite seated correctly. Removed, cleaned, stuffed back in, not done it since.

As said though, it could any number of things, best to get it checked out.

Back
Top Bottom