Do I require a new or used macbook for DJ'ing?

Caporegime
Sadly, I don't know much about Macs. However, I would like to move my laptop based DJ setup from PC to Mac as they are generally accepted as just better suited for the job in terms of ease of use, build quality and reliability.

I use Pioneer's Rekordbox software to DJ on. Basically, I need a good, adequately powered, Macbook., but I dont know if I need to buy new or whether or not I can easily find the minimum specs in a used mac. The Mac will be used for just DJ'ing and some internet browsing, i.e, browsing and downloading beatport tracks.

The minimum specs for Rekordbox are here: https://rekordbox.com/en/support/system.php#dj

Anyone mac users got any advice please?

Commissario
It says there it'll run on a C2D based system. I appreciate that if you get a C2D Macbook it won't be optimal but it does mean that any Macbook from the last few years should be OK, especially if you grab an i5 or i7 based system. Have you checked MM?

Associate
I have a MAcbook pro late 2013 13" retina 256gb SSD 8gb ram and I run rekordbox with my DDJ SX2 controller fine, browse the web and download tunes all together and its fine. Even the older macbook pro with the 4gb ram would be fine

Back
Top Bottom