• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Last edited:
Permabanned
By the time the 4 and 6 core chips land these issues will all been resolved through Windows patching and Motherboards getting their BIOSes in order, so its not a total loss, the chip will get another chance with more reviews when its more mature.
The hex chips are going to be a hard sell if they have limited overclocking like the 7 chips, and chances are they will.

Didn't we recently see a graph from AMD that had the 3 and 5 ranges clocked lower than the 7 range?

I just saw it a few posts back :)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...se_the_specification_of_their_ryzen_5_1500x/1

EDIT:
So if this is right the 4 and 6 cores won't have a better ipc, The best was first to come and it seems that if you plan to overclock manually there's no real difference between the 8 cores. I'm glad I didn't jump in straight away.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any idea if Windows 7 will get a patch or just 10? I would hope 7 / 2008R2 still would for enterprise customers - but can never be sure these days.
IIRC Windows XP had a manual patch for
Ryzen 5

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...se_the_specification_of_their_ryzen_5_1500x/1

Believe the Gaming 3 is 4+3 phase design and single for Ram

MSI looks like 4+2 or 4+3, cant tell with ASrocks one and ASUS is low.

but ASrock or Gigabyte might get you a better shot...
If there really is only one 6c/12t SKU that's very disappointing. Depends on the price I guess but if that is the case the R7 1700 is going to look a lot more tempting than the R5 1600X.

Associate
I'm much more interested in the results people get here than from the reviewers.
Not because I don't trust reviewers, but here people can ask questions and get direct responses much easier.

Back
Top Bottom