• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
He's talking about Digital River. When they were dealing Vives, they messed up a lot of transactions. They took £1 from me, then tried to take the full whack at 1am on a Sunday morning which my bank (and a large volume of other people's) rejected under suspected fraud. They tried taking it again then just cancelled the order when the money wouldn't transfer. No contact from them whatsoever.
When it all got sorted people lost their place in the queue for them and had to re-order.

Wow that's pretty bad but I bet they had no idea it would mess up so bad.

Associate
Would this be overkill for a 1080P 144Hz panel you think ?
Work mate of mine said he'd like to get the 1080 Ti as he's on a 780 but he's only on a 1080P 144Hz panel.
Folks will try and tell you otherwise, but I reckon a 1080Ti might be a great match for a 144hz 1080p panel, it would certainly keep modern games nearer to the 144hz ceiling that on a 1440p panel :D

I'm upgrading to a Ti to drive my 165hz panel but I'd be surprise if it could drive modern games anywhere near 165fps

Soldato
Folks will try and tell you otherwise, but I reckon a 1080Ti might be a great match for a 144hz 1080p panel, it would certainly keep modern games nearer to the 144hz ceiling that on a 1440p panel :D

I'm upgrading to a Ti to drive my 165hz panel but I'd be surprise if it could drive modern games anywhere near 165fps

I'll pass along the info thanks :)

Associate

On 1080p/144hz currently and I am getting the 1080ti.

Associate
Miss what? I thought you said like 10 times so far that you are very happy with your 1080 and won't be upgrading any time soon? :p

It's those guys that persistently claim the cards will be double the price of their 1080, while also being oblivious to new faster cards coming out and pushing the value of their 1080 down. Yeah, those guys who say they will not get a 1080Ti about 100 times more than regular posters.

They go through the motions repeatedly, but they will press the buy button and be milked like the rest of us ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You just answered your own question?

I just have to ask why:p
Just wondering what you meant by you will miss it :p

It's those guys that persistently claim the cards will be double the price of their 1080, while also being oblivious to new faster cards coming out and pushing the value of their 1080 down. Yeah, those guys who say they will not get a 1080Ti about 100 times more than regular posters.

They go through the motions repeatedly, but they will press the buy button and be milked like the rest of us ;)

Haha :D

Back
Top Bottom