• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
About time we had one of these to discuss benchmarks, overclocks and any issues people have found

I'll kick off with this little lot arriving this morning
gsaQkCt.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
2x4GB Team Group Dark 3000mhz CL16

Box built everything and booted into windows to ensure everything was fine on arrival, then updated to the latest F4 bios.

I haven't spent much time tweaking as yet but my chip seems quite happy @ 3.6ghz 1.18v (stock vcore).

As things stand at the moment 2666mhz is the highest memory speed I can achieve

FbE5gDH.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
So here is my Cinebench results:

R7 1700
MSI B350 Tomahank
16GB Crucial 2400Mhz DDR4
Notcua NH-U12S
EDIT: BIOS V1.0
Power = Performance mode but sure no different with balance.
Fresh windows 10 Installation

3.6 @ 1.104v
gsCk60u.jpg

3.7Ghz @ 1.176v
9fRZAMx.jpg

3.8Ghz @ 1.224v
9mNmVMB.jpg

3.9Ghz @ 1.304v
71UJPbx.jpg

4.0Ghz @ 1.400v
i4QEgUN.jpg
0Qq7T18.png

Just to add, 3.65Ghz @ Stock volts Real Bench H254 5 runs with ease.
z6rZg15.png

Last edited:
Soldato
J3ZCJ4c.jpg

Experimenting with voltages atm but atm I'm on...

I've been using bargain master @Scramz results as a basis for my attempts, luckily looks like our chips are platter brothers :p

All RAM is at 2666mhz atm, waiting on BIOS updates to push it up to its 3200mhz

Soldato
1800X on an Asus B350M-A.
16GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000mhz

Basic build completed this afternoon and she booted first time :eek:. Decided to upgrade to the latest .502 bios, but she's just not interested in anything above 2133mhz on the memory.

I think I'll complete the win10 install and get the system running before I start getting down and dirty with the bios and then getting irritated with the ram speeds.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
We should all keep an eye on these two charts over the next 6 months, the tide is turning...

29bkoc2.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
1800X on an Asus B350M-A.
16GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000mhz

Basic build completed this afternoon and she booted first time :eek:. Decided to upgrade to the latest .502 bios, but she's just not interested in anything above 2133mhz on the memory.

I think I'll complete the win10 install and get the system running before I start getting down and dirty with the bios and then getting irritated with the ram speeds.

Did you try the D.O.C.P. mode - it just works with my 2666 Vengance LPX (e.g. it read the XMP profile).

Don
Damn I knew the Vive was selling better than the Rift but never expected it to account for almost 65% of the market. Makes me wonder why some developers are still making exclusives for the Rift.
The other thing to note is that it looks like there was a big uptake in the first2-3 months of the year then after that there's not really been much growth in the VR market (Rift Developer kits are still holding they're market share).

I think it's safe to say that VR isn't going to catch on much beyond a niche market.

Caporegime
The other thing to note is that it looks like there was a big uptake in the first2-3 months of the year then after that there's not really been much growth in the VR market (Rift Developer kits are still holding they're market share).

I think it's safe to say that VR isn't going to catch on much beyond a niche market.

At least not until they become affordable.

Soldato
At least not until they become affordable.

Yes, way too expensive. Half the cost of a decent PC, how many people can afford that? No way the kids can and that's your mass market. They need headsets for £200 before they've got a chance of going mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom