Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Suspended
Joint the Switch club.

16998215_1391921117545208_7122000796573486284_n.jpg

Nice. Please post some impressions - trying to decide whether to get one myself.

Soldato
£75 on a £190 item seems a bit much.

I bought a DRAM mp3 player for 50 second hand on ebay and didnt think it was a big deal the seller was USA, total bill after customs was 110 . If you dont pay up front they include the postage cost in their taxes (and add in handling also).
The idiot who sold it put in full invoice type paperwork like he was Bud Fox not selling some random junk. I sold it for like 5 quid years later and got a pendrive type mp3 with the proceeds somehow, small comfort :p Then I used that in the rain :o
I also ordered an old ti4200 from a Van Gogh art gallery based in Colorado, they sent it via land mail in a box big enough for me to sleep in and filled with plastic polstyrene, nice of them. No customs charge

Soldato
It's been designed to be used as a chassis suitable for building your own router. This one is a Celeron J1900, 4GB RAM and a 60GB SSD. The only reason you'd want a low powered fanless machine like that with 4 NICs is for some sort of network appliance really. The spec is way ahead of any dedicated router.

I'll run pfSense with three WAN ports into two fibre connections and a 4G connection. One fibre connection will be permanently connected to a US based VPN and one to a UK one. Streaming devices will use the US based one and a useful by product is that my work traffic will go on one WAN and entertainnet/home on another. I could do that in software but I liked the look of this box so giving it a try. 4G will be failover.

Back
Top Bottom