• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
I'd certainly believe Stilt over my ramblings lol But yeah, I do notice he says "...and 4.1GHz maximum *single* core XFR ceiling (SCXFRC)". Perhaps some with an 1800x can run a dual core bench?

I've found the quote about quad core, but it's from a overclock.net forum (wasn't sure I could post link) so no idea of original source, it says: "...XFR has been observed to apply its frequency boost to up to four cores (eight threads) while gaming, though this is most likely due to buggy XFR support at the moment."
it's soo wooly and unclear still but glad peole are making observations.
agreed we need to ask owners to observe on here, ;)

Associate
Not been following the thread for a while now. So now that people have them, what kind of OC's are you getting using watercooling?

Looking on three different forums for the last few days.

Seems 3.9 (1.35-1.3875v) with good temps and low voltages on the 1700. 4.0-4.1Ghz max pumping tons of voltages and loads of heat :p

1800x behaves the same but with more heat output 10c+ or so more.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Seems 3.9 (1.35-1.3875v) with good temps and low voltages on the 1700. 4.0-4.1Ghz max pumping tons of voltages and loads of heat :p

1800x behaves the same but with more heat output 10c+ or so more temp wise.
So what is the point of the 1800x, just pre overlooked then? Or does it oc more?

Associate

1800x behaves the same but with more heat output 10c+ or so more.

I am on 3.9 @ 1.312v, heat tops at 62 degrees on air, any higher and the heat jumps.

Associate
I see a lot of people with B350 motherboards, I know this is partly due to the poor availability of the X370 boards, but is it right to assume B350 is looking goof for a Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 3.9/4GHz and a single GPU setup?

Back
Top Bottom