*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I don't even think you really need a pro controller. I play Zelda with 1 Joy-Con in each hand and it's very comfortable. :) Just a thought.

Caporegime
It's all preference. I imagine for me I'll want the pro controller but my better half will probably be happy with the joy cons!

Maybe it depends if you have Trump hands or not? :p

Soldato
I think I'll stand by my original stance and wait for the 2nd gen; especially so after questions raised around suspected design choices/issues. Hopefully by then there will be a swell of exclusive games at more economically friendly prices!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think I'll stand by my original stance and wait for the 2nd gen; especially so after questions raised around suspected design choices/issues. Hopefully by then there will be a swell of exclusive games at more economically friendly prices!
if you can wait, there is no disadvantage in it other than missing out in the mean time I suppose.

It is a bit like graphics cards. If you purchased your 980Ti on release you enjoyed it all that time but lost in depreciation more money than the Switch costs. At least with the Switch it will only depreciate in value very little in comparison :)

Associate

A very wise decision! Most critics have coined the console a "Zelda Machine", which is a testament to it's lack of content.
Abiding by Amazon's current pricing, you're looking at £386.99 for the console, pro controller, and a copy of Zelda. You could get a PS4 Pro bundle for that!

Soldato
Yeah; I'm normally on the 1st gen bandwagon but the Switch has really confused me as a console/handhel hybrid. Aside from a new Zelda title, as yet, for its cost I still don't get it. Time will tell.

Man of Honour
Love my Switch, not one problem and really impressed with it all. Not making excuses, I expect there to be some issues when you ship a few hundred thousand consoles worldwide. Can't think of many consoles without their problems and being as this has many new unique features it doesn't surprise me there are a few people with issues.

Associate
A very wise decision! Most critics have coined the console a "Zelda Machine", which is a testament to it's lack of content.
Abiding by Amazon's current pricing, you're looking at £386.99 for the console, pro controller, and a copy of Zelda. You could get a PS4 Pro bundle for that!

Why are you posting constantly slating the console if you do not own one and have no interest in currently doing so? you seemed to be obsessed with putting it down, I own a switch and it is a perfect compliment to my PS4 Pro and so far zero problems with it!

Man of Honour
Yeah it's getting a bit boring now hearing all the negativity. Much prefer reading about the positives. Happy the sales have done okay. Is Mario the next big game to be released?

Soldato

But maybe people don't want a PS4 bundle. I haven't even thought about touching my PS4 since getting my Switch and I'm a Destiny addict so that is saying something. Already I actually prefer the Switch as a console than I do the PS4. Seeing that Destiny 2 is coming to PC I don't even foresee me using my PS4 much, if at all, after that happens.

Man of Honour
I already own MK8 so this is a painful pill to swallow but I cannot pass on this. Such an awesome game! Does anyone know if battle mode is online? Struggling to find an answer. I hope so!

Man of Honour
But maybe people don't want a PS4 bundle. I haven't even thought about touching my PS4 since getting my Switch and I'm a Destiny addict so that is saying something. Already I actually prefer the Switch as a console than I do the PS4. Seeing that Destiny 2 is coming to PC I don't even foresee me using my PS4 much, if at all, after that happens.

Yeah I have a PS4 and PC and love that I can easily pick this up and use in handheld mode for little 30 min go's here and there. I leave it by my bed at night and play it within 5 minutes of waking! The GF not so happy.

Soldato
Yeah I have a PS4 and PC and love that I can easily pick this up and use in handheld mode for little 30 min go's here and there. I leave it by my bed at night and play it within 5 minutes of waking! The GF not so happy.

Yeah Nintendo nailed the play anywhere aspect. I bought Snipper Clips yesterday and brought it round my friends house. He wasn't interested in the 'glorified game boy' at the start but several hours later his girlfriend was saying how they need to get one!

Luckily I have all my bases covered with a decent PC, PS4 and now Switch. But the Switch is a better console than the PS4 (not considering tech specs)

Soldato

Xbox One (and Scorpio as soon as it launches) and WiiU (as well as too many older consoles to list including handhelds) here, recently sold my second PS4 due to complete lack of use.

I Was super excited about the Switch before launch, right now I'm glad I didn't pre-order though

Associate
Why are you posting constantly slating the console if you do not own one and have no interest in currently doing so? you seemed to be obsessed with putting it down, I own a switch and it is a perfect compliment to my PS4 Pro and so far zero problems with it!

This is a discussion forum, is it not? A topic cannot consist solely of purchase validation! There's two sides to every coin.

The reality is I'm fully intent on getting a Switch, but just not right now. The issues which have arisen are disconcerting, and I'm objective enough to realise that Nintendo's practices are questionable of late. One exceptional game does not negate that!

In short, the console has a number of teething issues that need to be addressed before I go spending my hard-earned cash on it.

Back
Top Bottom