• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
So are the Founder Edition cards inferior to the custom cards? Never even heard of Founders Edition lol, always opted for Gigabyte G1 in the past with the slight stock clock boost. Never found a card to be noisy and the temps in game always look fine compared to AMD :D, guess I dont pay as much attention to every little detail like most.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK 1080Ti as I already confirmed is 18:00 Friday 10th March (THIS FRIDAY)!
We have made the decision we shall not publicise this fact on our webshop or social media actually until 18:00 on Friday.

The reason we are doing this is to show thanks and respect to all the members in this thread who responded saying they are waiting for OcUK and showed their loyalty, as such you have a head start on the general masses who are un-informed.

Stock will be extremely tight on Friday, maybe just 3-4 brands in stock and maybe as little as 50-100 of each brand, however the following week we expect a few hundred to follow and by end of March we expect all FE cards in stock with plentiful supply.

Custom AIC stuff, more details will come Friday at 18:00 due to NDA, however if you go visit manufacturer website such as Asus, MSI, Zotac etc. well you might get a glimpse of some of the custom stuff coming. ;)

This is a thank you to our members! :)

Sem

Sem

Soldato
I'd still disagree ;). I wouldn't get no where near as good of a performance with a single Ti as I would with 1080 SLI in 90% of the games I play.

I'll take the compromise of 1080Ti SLI instead :D.

id love SLI 1080Ti but cant justify it with 1440p

by the time the 4k 144Hz monitor is out the mid range volta would be out

Soldato
Brilliant news Gibbo and huge thanks for the above! OCUK never fails to impress.

Waiting to buy 2 FE cards myself. If you don't have EVGA in stock at the time? A pre-order is mighty fine for me.

OcUK Staff
Would nVidia let you publicise anything on your site before 6pm on Friday anyway Gibbo? Considering you can only order directly from them at the moment I didn't think they'd allow any kind of advertising before the NDA is up.

YES!
We could put on the website just what I have put on the forum!
The rules for website and forum are no different!

So we could put homepage banner, news post, social networking post informing customer base to come to the webshop 18:00 on Friday. Some competitors have done this already!
We have made the decision not to do so and just keep it at forum level ONLY.

Caporegime
Hi there

OK 1080Ti as I already confirmed is 18:00 Friday 10th March (THIS FRIDAY)!
We have made the decision we shall not publicise this fact on our webshop or social media actually until 18:00 on Friday.

The reason we are doing this is to show thanks and respect to all the members in this thread who responded saying they are waiting for OcUK and showed their loyalty, as such you have a head start on the general masses who are un-informed.

Stock will be extremely tight on Friday, maybe just 3-4 brands in stock and maybe as little as 50-100 of each brand, however the following week we expect a few hundred to follow and by end of March we expect all FE cards in stock with plentiful supply.

Custom AIC stuff, more details will come Friday at 18:00 due to NDA, however if you go visit manufacturer website such as Asus, MSI, Zotac etc. well you might get a glimpse of some of the custom stuff coming. ;)

This is a thank you to our members! :)

Top man and bloody decent of you. :cool:

I'd still disagree ;). I wouldn't get no where near as good of a performance with a single Ti as I would with 1080 SLI in 90% of the games I play.

I'll take the compromise of 1080Ti SLI instead :D.

In the olden days, pretty much everything worked at some point but as the years have gone on, less and less is showing support. My first foray into SLI was the GTX 680s and they were decent. I remember FC3 giving something like 60% on each GPU useage and then it was more and more games doing the same thing. Then I got G-Sync and really noticed microstutter, which was a game breaker for me. I was told that 3 cards solve/help that, so I grabbed a 3rd Titan OG and that was one of the worst decisions I have ever made lol. negative scaling in some games, microstutter still there and expensive to boot.

Maybe I should have said SLI/CF is dead to me and will be til they sort out that microstutter.

Soldato
Would nVidia let you publicise anything on your site before 6pm on Friday anyway Gibbo? Considering you can only order directly from them at the moment I didn't think they'd allow any kind of advertising before the NDA is up.

Well he's been advertising the NDA lift and time to purchase for some time now.
It's likely he could give the same information to those on social media/website right now if he wanted too.

Soldato
i just hope the OcUK price is 699 or below

anymore then ill just wait afew weeks and order direct from NV

Gibbo has already confirmed that the FE will be the same price as direct from Nvidia @ £699 , no gouging on the FE card, OCUK haven't confirmed anything regarding the price of third party cards though.

Soldato
FE cooler running at 41% during Render Test.

1080tirjuca.jpg

Skip to 3:20 to hear it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom