*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
After I cancelled Q and couldn't get discount from any department, I put in a complaint to the executive team explaining that I feel it is unfair Sky + customers can get 60% off after cancelling but there are no deals available to Q customers. I've had a voicemail with an update, I've not listened to it yet but they've asked for me to call in. It looks as if my account has been adjusted as it's showing full box sets etc. This is what a future bill looks like.

Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£0.00
Total £12.00
Box Sets with Sports & Cinema - including discounts
£29.60
Box Sets with Sports & Cinema
£74.00
Viewing Subscription Discounted
- £44.40
Total £29.60
Sky Sports HD Pack
£6.00
Sky Sports HD Pack
£0.00
Total £6.00

Caporegime
My Dad asked about my Sky Q.

He has Sky+ (2x boxes) and is looking at Sky Q with 2x Mini Q boxes.

Sorry if this is just going over old stuff, but his best option is to cancel Sky+ completely? And then Sky will give him 60% off Q in a few weeks?

Man of Honour
I'd secure the discount on Sky + and then upgrade to Q and the discount will carry over. It seems no one can apply the same 60% off deal to Q customers apart from the executive team I ended up having to contact.

Man of Honour
I was slightly tempted by Sky Q on the basis that Sky+ discounts carry over, but am uncertain as to how the discount period (12m) will ever match up with the Q minimum term (18m). If I upgrade now, I'd lose my discount in December but be tied in to Q until the following August. I can't imagine the usual easy discount would be available if I was still in a minimum term for 6 months. Anyone have any experience of this, or is it too soon for anyone to have been affected?

Man of Honour
Anyone have any experience of this, or is it too soon for anyone to have been affected?
Yes, I'm going through it now.
I was slightly tempted by Sky Q on the basis that Sky+ discounts carry over, but am uncertain as to how the discount period (12m) will ever match up with the Q minimum term (18m). If I upgrade now, I'd lose my discount in December but be tied in to Q until the following August. I can't imagine the usual easy discount would be available if I was still in a minimum term for 6 months.
I got Sky+ HD last February I believe with 60% off. In September I got Sky Q as I think they had an offer on where it was only £60 installation for the two boxes. Fast forward to February this year when the discount dropped off and the full price went up to £95 a month from memory. So I took off all the extra packages and was left with only the very basic £35 a month one. I then saw a half price for Sports & Cinema deal for 10 months which I took but then subsequently cancelled as it wasn't HD.

When I cancelled it I asked when the end contract date was and they told me I was already out so I managed to cancel all services. There should have been a multiscreen term taking me till September but the system didn't add the fee so I basically got out of contract.

After I cancelled I didn't get the usual 60% off offer like before, so ended up complaining to the executive team and they seem to have put the 60% off offer on my account taking it to the original price of just under £50 for two boxes and all packages in HD.

Soldato

I got Sky+ HD last February I believe with 60% off. In September I got Sky Q as I think they had an offer on where it was only £60 installation for the two boxes. Fast forward to February this year when the discount dropped off and the full price went up to £95 a month from memory. So I took off all the extra packages and was left with only the very basic £35 a month one. I then saw a half price for Sports & Cinema deal for 10 months which I took but then subsequently cancelled as it wasn't HD.

When I cancelled it I asked when the end contract date was and they told me I was already out so I managed to cancel all services. There should have been a multiscreen term taking me till September but the system didn't add the fee so I basically got out of contract.

After I cancelled I didn't get the usual 60% off offer like before, so ended up complaining to the executive team and they seem to have put the 60% off offer on my account taking it to the original price of just under £50 for two boxes and all packages in HD.

Thats allot of faff to get reasonably priced TV

Man of Honour
It wasn't really, once I gave up with trying the usual routes after a few calls and live chats I just stuck in a complaint email. Once call later and a few days and it was all done. Worth it for the savings I think.

Soldato
Has anyone taken up the LG Sky Q offer with a new telly of theirs? Got one coming tomorrow but the deal seems pretty pants for existing customers, discounted multiroom and maybe reduced install costs, taking out a new contract, meaning discounts would drop off before end of the new deal. Anyone had any success getting any wiggle room with this? Seems unlikely.

http://www.lg.com/uk/skyq/main.html

Associate
It's that time of year again for me. Contract expires in a month. Current offer is about 60% off from joining as a new customer last year. Went on live chat and best they could offer was 40% off to package in 18 month contract plus HD package fee for 6 months (of course after offering 20% initially). Told them to cancel so hopefully get an offer come through shortly. Don't like that it would be 18 months. Is this standard now?

I do have a rejoin offer in my wife's name (from previous contract that expired a year ago) with 60% off (but only a 12 month contract I think) but would rather not lose recordings etc.

What a faff though in general, 30 mins on live chat just to check what I watch etc just so I can cancel. It's all a game

Soldato
It's that time of year again for me. Contract expires in a month. Current offer is about 60% off from joining as a new customer last year. Went on live chat and best they could offer was 40% off to package in 18 month contract plus HD package fee for 6 months (of course after offering 20% initially). Told them to cancel so hopefully get an offer come through shortly. Don't like that it would be 18 months. Is this standard now?

I do have a rejoin offer in my wife's name (from previous contract that expired a year ago) with 60% off (but only a 12 month contract I think) but would rather not lose recordings etc.

What a faff though in general, 30 mins on live chat just to check what I watch etc just so I can cancel. It's all a game

You should be able to get 60% off with a rolling 1 month contract rather than 12 months. For the last three to four times of negotiating discounts, I've always said I don't want to be in a new 12 month contract and that's been done for me.

Soldato
My Sky ended yesterday, decided to switch to BT TV and make up the shortfall with NowTV when I need it for Sky-specific shows and Netflix/Amazon Prime. Should work out cheaper in the long run and gives me a bit more flexibility in what I'm paying for each month, plus I get a nice new 4K box.

Associate

I don't suppose you have their email? How long did it take for them to get back to you after you sent a complaint?

Cheers

Soldato
We cancelled ours this month. Now out of contract and got the 60% offer before it cancelled. I'm waiting for the 75% off that they have been offering customers to tempt them back.

Associate
Is it best to cancel sky when its due then hope to get a call with a decent discount as I cant afford my package to shoot up to £100 PM, or is there a better solution to get everything, not fussed about movies but the rest is decent

thanks

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Simply go onto live chat and give your 31 day notice before you offer comes to an end. You'll likely get the 50% appear in your account that day. If you are willing for it to cease you'll get a call usually the day it is due/day after offering to keep you at 60% off (tv package only)

Back
Top Bottom