PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Associate
The reason for the high fan speed/noise in HZD while in the inventory/menu is because they run at 60FPS while the game itself runs at 30!
Tried Boost mode myself in 'The Evil Within' last night too, only in the early stages but it feels much smoother now, or at least acceptably playable as opposed to before!

Soldato
The reason for the high fan speed/noise in HZD while in the inventory/menu is because they run at 60FPS while the game itself runs at 30!
Tried Boost mode myself in 'The Evil Within' last night too, only in the early stages but it feels much smoother now, or at least acceptably playable as opposed to before!

I agree it's much better and seems to transfer to the vita by remote play pretty well!

Soldato
Incorrect. Redrooster is correct.

Boost Mode (for PlayStation 4 Pro only)
PS4 Pro gets a new feature in this update called Boost Mode. This feature has been designed to provide better performance for select legacy titles that have not been patched to take advantage of the PS4 Pro’s faster CPU and its faster and double-sized GPU.

This can provide a noticeable frame rate boost to some games with variable frame rates, and can provide frame rate stability for games that are programmed to run at 30 Hz or 60 Hz. Depending on the game, the increased CPU speed may also result in shorter load times. You can turn on Boost Mode by going to Settings > System.

Caporegime
@MOOGLEYS

I went with this analysis. :p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...de-tested-a-game-changer-for-unpatched-titles

what does this new addition to the PlayStation 4 Pro's capabilities actually deliver on a technical level?

The working theory we have is pretty straightforward. In graphics-limited tests, boost mode consistently delivers a 14 per cent increase in frame-rate and we suspect that it is not coincidence that the GPU clock speed bump from base to Pro hardware is 111MHz - pretty much exactly 14 per cent. The suggestion is that when running base mode with boost active, the Pro 'half' of the larger GPU remains inactive, but additional clocks are deployed instead.

Soldato
How are you guys finding the pro. Is it worth it money. As concidering trading my 3 years old Xbox one for one as I don't play exclusive game on it. But know will like killzone on this.

Soldato
How are you guys finding the pro. Is it worth it money. As concidering trading my 3 years old Xbox one for one as I don't play exclusive game on it. But know will like killzone on this.

It will be a large increase over the Xbox One as that already struggles to match the original PS4 in terms of resolution and frame rate. I like the Pro, boost mode helps get the most out of non-supported games and all new games will gave Pro support. my biggest wish would be more user options surrounding visuals & framerate, a few devs have already done it, but not everyone. It would be nice to choose between high res & 30FPS or lower 1080p res and 60FPS

Soldato
Does anyone know if it's benificial to use a hybrid or straight ssd as external storage? Just thinking about using a ssd for quicker loading by putting games I use most on that.

Soldato
I think it's nonsense myself but I bet there planning it all ready, I don't think they will worry about Scorpio anyway unless it's price is same as pro however I can't see that happening with Microsoft claiming it will do native 4k,

Soldato
Yeh we'll see at E3. It would be funny if they did wat Microsoft did with Scorpio and spoil the party. (I am a fan of both platforms BTW).

Back
Top Bottom