Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Had a peter green, dirty fries and frickles in 7 Bone in Reading today. Really enjoyed it, definitely the best burger in town and looking forwards to going back and trying some other burgers.

2h2msza.jpg

Soldato
Finally visited SShack at Westfield in Stratford ...And am most disappointed...Burger was just plain... Nothing special....Went for chips with cheese and have to say it was best part although pretty much radioactive lol
Burger fires and drink for over £12 and nothing special ? No thanks ..

There is honest opening tomorrow in Greenwich, will give it a go as it's just around the corner

Soldato
Right spec me a decent burger joint with the best fries around Kings cross which i where i am stopping at this week, must have also have a decent veggie option for the Mrs, i am about London all week if there is anything worth the trek on the tube i am easy.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Right spec me a decent burger joint with the best fries around Kings cross which i where i am stopping at this week, must have also have a decent veggie option for the Mrs, i am about London all week if there is anything worth the trek on the tube i am easy.

Sorry can't help with what's closest to Kings Cross off the top of my head but as a veggie who loves burgers I can confirm that any of the popular ones e.g Honest Burger, Patty & Bun and Shake Shack all have an excellent veggie option and the fries are amazing throughout. The Honest Burger has a veggie fritter as the patty with raita and other sauces, whereas Patty n Bun and Shake Shack have a more meaty style veggie burgers.

I'll also highly recommend Dishoom in Kings Cross (you won't get a burger) but absolutely delicious food if you like Indian comfort / street food style with a twist.

http://www.dishoom.com/food-drink/

Soldato
Interesting stuff about the P&B experiences. I've only ever been to the one on James St (3 times now) and have never had any issues. They have always been really attentive, the music has always been at a decent level and the food has always been spot on. However if there are similar reports from 2 different locations then that's a shame, they are expanding quite a lot as well I've noticed so hopefully they aren't going to let the quality etc slide as they grow!

Associate
Any decent burger places in Birmingham? none of this GBK and Handmade Burger Co nonsense either.

I'll be there tonight for a short time, looked at Original Patty Men but unfortunately they only open Thursday-Sunday!

Man of Honour

Great news, there's a 5Guys right near kings cross - if you walk past that there's an honest burger just down the road :)

Like four posts up, not sure what there veggie fritter thing is like, but they only have one option from the looks of it.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Im up in Edinburgh tonight. Should i try 5 Guys or perhaps Bread Meats Bread? Or anything else worth noting?

I'd go for Bread Meets Bread or something equally as exclusive to Edinburgh. 5 Guys you can have in most cities.

Edit: just checked out the Bread Meets Bread menu and wow looks incredible and super accommodating for veggies. Three different burgers! Poutines! Mmmmmm

If it wasn't a 800 mile round trip I'd be tempted :p

Last edited:
Associate
Im up in Edinburgh tonight. Should i try 5 Guys or perhaps Bread Meats Bread? Or anything else worth noting?
Five Guys isn't in the centre of town if that makes any difference. Bread Meats Bread do awesome sides, I'm highly addicted to their squeaky cheese!

Soldato
Just finished a triple royal with cheese with buffalo fries at Bread Meats Bread wash down with a couple of Innis and Gunns. Man that is a burger that didnt disappoint. Amazing cheesey mustardy beefy mouthness. pickles absolutely bursting with flavour and great bun. After the first bite i wasnt sure if I'd finish it but i did and if i wasnt stuffed id enjoy another. Buffallo fries full of messy goodness and seriously hot towards the end. 9.5/10

Soldato
I've been to the one in Camden a couple of times. It's good grub. I'd go for the BBQ stuff rather than a burger though to be honest.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
As this is now the general burger thread:

I visited McDonalds today after a long, long time. I ordered a veggie burger and it came with mayo, sweet chilli sauce, lettuce and....... cucumbers! Do the normal meat burgers contain cucumbers to? Cucumbers have no place in a burger, I had to pick them all out. Cold and watery is not what I want in a bun!

Back
Top Bottom